Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 23rd, 2015 13:00

Dell Inspiron 15 3542 unable to control wireless status windows 10

I have a very hard to solve confusing problem 

and the  Dell Quickset Version 11.1.31, A00 but it dose not show the wireless options.

the current status is:

system: Dell Inspiron 15 3542

Operating system: windows 10 upgraded from windows 8.1

wireless driver : tried all drivers I can find in the website

wireless status:

- WIFI is WORKING fine and i can connect to my networks normally.

- The Airplane Mode windows 10 Button is stuck in ON status and can not be turned off by click or from the settings "when turning it off in settings goes back to on immediately ".

- The WIFI windows 10 Button is grayed off status and can not be turned on by click or from the settings but WIFI still working and showing all networks!!!!!!!.

- Quickset and Windows Mobility Center do not show any options for wireless networks "uninstall delete folder and reinstall no good".

- FN+PrtScr button has NO effect at all other FN+ function keys working fine "audio and brightness"

note that it was working fine for one day after the upgrade.

I have been trying to fix this for a week now without success Please help

I removed the battery today because the laptop is always plugged in it has nothing to do with the problem.

4 Posts

October 26th, 2015 20:00

here is what i have done

I removed all wireless and Bluetooth drivers

Installed wireless  and Bluetooth driver 10.0.0318

deleted the Airplane mode switch driver  ver 1.4.2.0  in the device manager and tried installing Airplane mode switch driver 1.4.1.0 (the driver did not work windows blocked this driver for compatibility problems)

At this point the windows 10 switches starts to response normally (with the driver down in device manager)

From device manager I selected the Airplane mode switch driver  ver  1.4.2.0 again (this driver now works with windows 10!!)

everything works fine problem solved.

1.8K Posts

October 25th, 2015 19:00

Hello,

Do you know whether your system was running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows on it prior to you upgrading to Windows 10?  The Inspiron 15 3542 would only be compatible with Windows 10 if you were running a 64-bit version of Windows 8.1 prior to upgrading.  (See the * information provided on the prior link in the yellow highlighted field).  

If could be that the Quickset software isn't compatible with your upgrade to Windows 10, unfortunately.  The issue may have presented itself after that first day when the system was either restarted or an update occurred.

You may want to consider doing a clean install of Windows 10 now that you have done the upgrade to see if that resolves whatever the software conflict that is causing the problem. 

Other than that, all I can recommend off hand is to remove the current version of Quickset and see if you can install Version 11.1.18, A00, designed for Windows 8.1 and see if that will function on your current install.  But make sure you create a Restore Point prior to doing that software change in case there are problems. 

Let me know which version of Windows 8.1 you had prior to your upgrade and I'll see if I can find other suggestions to try. 

Todd

4 Posts

October 26th, 2015 13:00

Tanks for your reply

regarding the previous windows it was 8.1 64-bit .

Trying to fix the problem before i see your reply I made upgrade installation within windows using the same windows 10 64 to fix in broken files, windows registry keys or permitions.

This resulted in the wireless and airplane button problem fixed and working fine, But  now I'm back to a problem I had after upgrading windows 8.1 to  windows 10 the first time which is No Bluetooth devices are recognized  "my mobile phone, my Bluetooth head set or whatever" all I get when trying to add new Bluetooth device are couple of  "Unknown ready to pair" items on all devices. Trying to pair any of these "Unknown"  devices fails.

This problem was fixed before by installing drivers from the Dell website which i think led to the Airplane button mess. Now I don't know which Driver I can install to fix the Bluetooth without breaking the Wireless and Airplane button again!!!

Please tell me which driver will fix the Bluetooth without breaking other things.

By the way the Dell troubleshooter dose not recognize this Bluetooth problem.

From device manager the drivers installed at the moment 

1- Wireless: Qualcomm Atheros Communications Inc.10.0.0.321 dated 6/16/2015 (Working Fine)

2- Bluetooth : Qualcomm Atheros Communications 10.0.1.1 dated 7/28/2015 (Dose not recognize Bluetooth Devices correctly).

Quick help will  be  very appreciated as I do not want to mess the drives again.

Best Regards

1 Rookie

• 

59 Posts

November 18th, 2019 08:00

Install Intel HID Event Filter driver.

Earlier drivers page of my Vostro 15-3568 laptop used to show that download.

But now it only shows Quickset & Airplane Driver.

^When u install the abouve SW, it itlself says its needed for the functioning of QuickSet & Airplane driver.

My airplane switch Fn+PrtScr (with ESC lock off) now works prefectly on latest Win10 Nov update, without any need of reboot-even if the installer says to reboot.

No Events found!