GOD312
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 15 3542 wifi issue

I have a dell inspiron 15 3542 that started at windows 8.1 I had upgraded it to windows 10 during to time that it was free to upgrade to and the last few months it hasn't been letting me use the wifi on it I've completely unisnstalled the driver and installed it again multiple times I've recently replaced the wireless card and I've hit the FN+print screen combo at least a hundred times now but nothing seems to work I try to turn it on manually it'll turn on for a second then immediately turn itself back off.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Dell Inspiron 15 3542 wifi issue

GOD312,

Did you install all the Windows 10 drivers in the system when you upgraded to Windows 10? The printscrn does not turn on the wifi in Windows 10. That just copies information to the clipboard. You would need to go to start-settings, network and internet to configure the wifi and other network settings. To turn the wifi on you would click the network settings on the taskbar and choose your network. Make sure that Airplane mode is not selected. Below are some links to help you resolve the issue.

Dell Inspiron 3542 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

Networking,Wifi and Bluetooth

Troubleshooting Wireless Network Issues in Windows 10

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos
GOD312
1 Copper

I installed all the windows 10 drivers when I updated as well ss after I had reset it and I had uninstalled the airplane mode driver because it would force the airplane mode on and would shur off both the wifi and bluetooth ever since it had started that back in december of last year the wifi hasn't worked regardless of if I go into settings to try to turn it on or on the taskbar the wireless refuses to turn on

0 Kudos

GOD312,

Uninstall the wifi and network drivers, Reboot the computer and then download and install the chipset drivers. Reboot the computer again and when it comes back up install the network and wifi drivers. Look at the link in my post above for information about networking, wifi and Bluetooth.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos