Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 20th, 2017 10:00

Dell Inspiron 15 stuck in airplane mode Windows 10

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 and i can't get it out of Airplane mode. I have tried the following "solutions" but none have worked:

• I have pressed the wifi button (fn + PRTScr) nothing happens
  • I have made sure my computer cannot turn off my wireless card to save power
  • I have Disabled and Enabled Network connection
  • Checked for updates for the Wireless Card
  • uninstalled Wireless adapter and restarted PC

None of these options have worked. I two links for pictures. The first shows what I see when I click on ethe wireless section in the bottom right corner of my screen and the second shows my network adapters

gyazo.com/912d40444c2c0ca3e4406ca24a56db39

gyazo.com/ceb7045688046b67cfaae0d48d666b9d

• 

16.7K Posts

March 21st, 2017 06:00

SkyeWolfe,

You can click the link below for information resolving airplane mode not turning off.

AIRPLANE MODE NOT TURNING OFF IN WINDOWS 10 (FIXED)

5 Posts

March 21st, 2017 10:00

As stated in my post, I have already tried all of those solutions

• 

16.7K Posts

March 22nd, 2017 07:00

SkyeWolfe,

Delete the wireless devices in device manager as well as all the instances of the wwan that are listed. , Reboot the computer and reinstall the Wireless drivers back into the computer. You can then verify that you can turn off Airplane Mode.

5 Posts

March 22nd, 2017 13:00

Please read what steps I have already tried before suggesting solutions. As stated I have "uninstalled Wireless adapter and restarted PC"

• 

16.7K Posts

March 24th, 2017 05:00

SKYEWOLFE,

Try removing all the WAN instances listed in your 2nd link above link as well as the wireless card drivers. Reboot the computer. 

5 Posts

March 24th, 2017 06:00

I have tried to remove everything in the networks section and it is still stuck

5 Posts

April 3rd, 2017 10:00

Any more suggestions?

1 Message

April 17th, 2017 08:00

having the same problems. uninstalled the wireless adapter, and my computer doesn't do anything, and since its stuck in airplane mode we can't just go on and download the drivers. Try going back to a later build. Under settings and Update& Security, there is an option under recovery. This did not work for me because the update was longer than 60 days ago, maybe for you though? You can try to go to backup and restore to a different date too. All of our dates did not work. It acted like it was going to restore but when it was finished it said that there was some error that caused the restore to fail. Today I'm downloading the drivers onto a USB and uploading them on my computer to see if that fixes it. It was a suggestion not used one here. Goodluck! Also my volume function keys are not working as well.

July 18th, 2017 21:00

Dawnward i am having exactly the same problems as yours.Any update from you on what have u done so far? It just happened to me last 4 days ago amd i dont know why....

Any one from here to help.

Thank you...

1 Message

September 12th, 2017 03:00

Hi SkyeWolfie,

I was having the same issue.

Now it has been resolved.

Please try with long pressing wifi key + fn + prntscr altogether.

I hope this works out for you as well.

Do lemme know if it was helpful at all.

Regards,

Priyanka Mishra

1 Message

December 15th, 2017 19:00

SkyeWolfie,

Hopefully by now you have fixed the issue. I was having the same issue on my E7240. On the left hand-side there is a little switch pull it forward (towards you) it will enable you to turn off airplane mode. The switch when set away for you locks the mode in place and can't be unset through the settings GUI.

Hope it helps you or others.

Jeff

1 Message

January 24th, 2018 19:00

I have the same laptop as you and im having this problem. what left hand switch are you talking about?

4 Posts

February 1st, 2018 16:00

I also had my AW 15 R2 stuck in airplane mode following a motherboard replacement/win 10 install.  Based on above info, pressing Fn and the wireless key (f2) took me out of airplane mode and suddenly wireless was available.  Not sure why it defaulted that way during the win 10 installation its out now.  Thanks for the info.  Gm.

1 Message

February 6th, 2018 19:00

I had this problem on an Inspiron that I was trying to fix. I downloaded the Dell Quickset Application for my system and was able to use the 'WIFI' function key to turn the wireless back on. Hope this works for you!

February 7th, 2018 10:00

The solution is bios defaults and airplane mode its gone.
Best regards !
No Events found!