TrizairX
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 1525 Wireless and Battery Problems

Jump to solution

Hey! So, I have recently dug out my old laptop, a Dell Inspiron 1525.

When I booted it up, it made a hideous and basically never ending sequence of beeps. Then it finally booted on. The battery says "Plugged in, not charging" And when unplugged the computer will turn off. The wireless doesn't work. I've tried the switch on the side, and I've tried installing drivers from the Drivers disk, and a USB with updated drivers I got from Dell. The wireless does not work at all. I re-installed Windows Vista 32 bit. (The default OS) and still no luck. 

Any thoughts? Things I should try? Thanks. 🙂

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

RE: Dell Inspiron 1525 Wireless and Battery Problems

Jump to solution

Hi,

To get the BIOS password removed you would need to contact Dell's Tech Support.  We can't do that here on the forums.  You will need to contact them (probably by phone) and be able to verify ownership of that system in order for them to reset the password.  They'll ask you things like the name and shipping address the system was originally sent to, the name of the owner (in our records), etc.

If you do know that information you can go to the U.S. Change of Ownership form online (there is a link to the international one on that page if needed) and have the system re-registered in your name, in our system.  If you don't have that information you'll need to contact the original owner to get it, or call our Tech Support group and they'll be able to give you a better idea of what they need.

Resetting / flashing the BIOS will enable that system to "see" the card if it currently isn't (and as long as the card works).   That should allow drivers, etc., to be installed, which theoretically should allow you to get out to the internet with the wireless connection.

Todd

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi,

Here are a couple of links to knowledge base articles that may help you out:

For wireless, check out the Dell Network & Wireless Support Center.  

For the problem with your battery /power issue check out this article on AC Adapters and Batteries.  

You can also find some other useful articles in the FAQ section of the wireless boards and the FAQ for the Laptop boards.  

I'm assuming that the system won't boot up just on battery alone?   Strange question, but what happens with the wireless if you remove the battery from the system and only power it on with the AC adapter?   Actually, I'm going to assume no change since you said the wireless won't turn on at all.   

Have you gone into the system setup of that laptop to see if the system is recognizing the wireless card at all?   You can go to our support pages, input your service tag, and find manuals to show you how to go into system setup / BIOS for your system.  (normally it's tapping the <F2> button when you see the Dell splash screen while powering up.  

If the BIOS / System Setup doesn't "see" the card then Windows will never see it.  If it doesn't see it, then try resetting the BIOS to factory defaults, or resetting, it.  That may force it to recognize the wireless card and allow you to use it.

Let me know if any of this helps.  If not, we'll see what else we can suggest for you to try.

Todd

0 Kudos
Highlighted
TrizairX
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I tried what you said, and looked at those forums and articles, nothing seemed to work.

I'm not able to reset the BIOS because my laptop has a password inside of the BIOS which I do not know.

And my laptop says its at 0% and won't charge. So there is no way to flash the BIOS or reset them.

What do I do? I think that resetting the BIOS will allow me to finally connect to the internet, but I'm not so sure.

Is there any kind of BIOS password default? I do not currently have a password set up inside of windows right now so.

I've also tried wired connections, apparently it doesn't want to recognize that it's connected.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,

To get the BIOS password removed you would need to contact Dell's Tech Support.  We can't do that here on the forums.  You will need to contact them (probably by phone) and be able to verify ownership of that system in order for them to reset the password.  They'll ask you things like the name and shipping address the system was originally sent to, the name of the owner (in our records), etc.

If you do know that information you can go to the U.S. Change of Ownership form online (there is a link to the international one on that page if needed) and have the system re-registered in your name, in our system.  If you don't have that information you'll need to contact the original owner to get it, or call our Tech Support group and they'll be able to give you a better idea of what they need.

Resetting / flashing the BIOS will enable that system to "see" the card if it currently isn't (and as long as the card works).   That should allow drivers, etc., to be installed, which theoretically should allow you to get out to the internet with the wireless connection.

Todd

0 Kudos