Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 14th, 2011 10:00

Dell Inspiron 1545 Wireless Mini Card (& USB) Problem

Hi everyone!

So I'm running into an issue with my Dell Inspiron 1545 Wireless Mini Card AND all of the USB ports on my laptop.

Basically, every time I reboot my computer, all of these show up with an error in the device manager, making them unusable. So I need to open the device manager, select each one, disable, then enable, and then they all work again. There are 2 items for the wireless functionality and like 10 for the USB. It fixes it every time but having to do this EVERY TIME I boot up is becoming ridiculous and I can't figure out what the problem is.

I've tried updating the driver's but they all say that they're up-to-date. Not sure what else to do :-(

Can anyone help?

Jenn

3 Posts

April 14th, 2011 12:00

Nope. Computer is pretty much brand new, just as I bought it a little over a year ago from Dell Refurb.  I got a work laptop right after so don't get on mine much after work all day. It's a Dell Studio 1745 running Win 7 Prof, all updates for Windows installed. The error just started about 4 weeks ago with no changes to the computer happening around that time at all.

Was thinking of maybe trying a starting point reboot...

1 Rookie

• 

11.1K Posts

April 14th, 2011 12:00

Did you do a OS install recently?

1 Rookie

• 

11.1K Posts

April 14th, 2011 13:00

You could try to do a factory restore, F8 at boot-up.

If that doesn't work, if was my computer, I would do a manual re-install of Windows 7 then install the drivers in the correct order.

1 Rookie

• 

11.1K Posts

April 14th, 2011 14:00

The hope is that it is a software issue, because if it was a hardware issue, you'd have to replace the entire motherboard.

If it is still under warranty, you could contact Dell.

3 Posts

April 14th, 2011 14:00

So is this more of a software/operating system issue and NOT a hardware issue?

No Events found!