Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2012 11:00

Dell Inspiron 1545 Wireless problem Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN #2

I am working on a friends Dell Laptop. It seems no matter what driver I install

for the Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN #2 it still has problems with it. (Lil exclaimation point)

Dell 1545 Inspiron Windows 7 64-bit

Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN #2 --- At least thats what the device manager says.

Wireless is turned on, but it the icon to connect to wireless networks is not in the system try

in the lower right hand corner. I've tried several different drivers. Anyone else have this problem?

I've also tried system restore and that doesn't seem to work. I also tried to restore the laptop to

its original factory settings with the Dell restore disc, but the disk drive gives me this error...

-------------------------------------------------

"D:\ is not accessible

Access denied"

-------------------------------------

The DVD-RW is installed properly and there is power to the drive as well. User is system administrator as well.

HELP PLEASE! Very frustrating problems here. 

Any suggestions?

Frank -

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 11th, 2012 16:00

Frank,

Places to look to see if the Connection is enabled

If you recently reinstalled the operating system, did you install the drivers in order?How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Try running the Finding System Information Tool and post the rest of the information back here. Remember to run as administrator after the tool is extracted.

Rick

1 Message

December 6th, 2013 11:00

I had and the same problem and tried everything possible and nothing worked until I order a refurbished wifi replacement car.  It fixed the issue immediately.

Roger

No Events found!