Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 25th, 2013 10:00

Dell Inspiron B130, "no network adapter."

I have installed a fresh windows xp pro. os and downloaded a list of recommended drivers from Dell's driver page but some of the drivers will not load and I get the error "no Intel adapter on board." I am not sure what to look for at this point. I also downloaded a 32 bit gen adapter from Intel but it wont load. I could use a push in the right direction so I can get back to getting my homework done. Any thoughts?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 16th, 2013 10:00

JC,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. Could you click the Did this answer the question on the thread(s) that helped you solve your problem, so if someone else searches the forums, they can see what you did to fix your problem(s).

Take care,

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 25th, 2013 18:00

jcook1501,

When you reinstalled the operating system, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Dell System Software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

8 Posts

March 25th, 2013 19:00

Thank you RockStar for your advice. I am sure that I did not download the system software due to looking in the Network and communication tabs for drivers. I will take a look at that in the a.m. and get back with you.

8 Posts

March 26th, 2013 11:00

RockStar, I looked at Dell Downloads and found that all applicable drivers needed to update the chip set and get me on the internet so I can continue with the rest of the updates have been downloaded. I still get no Intel adapter on board when I have gone to the Intel download site and downloaded the 32 bit driver for this particular laptop. And I did get this one right, the downloads were done in the right order-thank you for the reminder and your time.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 26th, 2013 15:00

jcook1501,

Download and install in the exact order...                         

Dell Notebook System Software, v.4.5.0, A21

Intel Mobile Chipset, v.7.2.2.1006, A09

Then download and install...  

Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller, v.4.37, A13

Your wireless adapter is either Intel
(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection, (R) PRO/Wireless 2915ABG
Network Connection, (R) PRO/Wireless Network Connection, v.11.1.0.0
(TIC135897), A17

or Dell
Wireless 1350 WLAN MiniPCI Card, Wireless 1450 WLAN miniPCI Card,
Wireless 1350 WLAN PC Card, Wireless (US) WLAN Card, Wireless 1370 WLAN
MiniPCI Card, Wireless 1470 Dual-Band WLAN miniPCI Card, Wireless 1390

Then download Dell QuickSet, v.8.1.10, A44

Places to look to see if your Connection is enabled The 4th light should be green if the WiFi is turned on.

Please run an ipconfig /all log and post it back here.

Rick              

8 Posts

April 16th, 2013 10:00

Rick "ROCKSTAR",

I am sorry that it has taken me so long to get back with you. I was unaware of the mailer demon from Yahoo as I have been under the weather. More to the point, your guidance was right on track and all is well on this end. I did have to download a few drivers from the manufactures web site but the machine is up and running. Thank you for your valued help hope to be of help to you and others in the future.

JC

1 Message

March 29th, 2014 11:00

Thank you Rick worked awesome. I was at my wits end till I did exactly as you posted. Once again many thanks for all your hard work.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 29th, 2014 12:00

JimMrBass,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!