doncobb
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron won't connect to my iPhone hotspot

I have been trying for four weeks to get my Dell PC that I bought in 2008 to connect to my iPhone hotspot. It can see the hotspot but it won't connect to the Internet. I obviously need some hardware. What do I need to purchase so that this freaking PC will connect to my hotspot?

0 Kudos
8 Replies

RE: Dell Inspiron won't connect to my iPhone hotspot

doncobb,

Click the link below for information connecting your laptop to an Apple Hotspot. 

Connecting to Apple Hotspot

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number. Click my name in blue then on the next page click where it says send private message

RLSpring
1 Copper

RE: Dell Inspiron won't connect to my iPhone hotspot

I am having the same problem with my new Dell.  I may return it due to numerous glitches. I am very disappointed. 

0 Kudos
Jbruer
1 Copper

Same problem with my dell xps

I’m having the same problem with my dell xps. It used to work (albait bad) but now I cannot connect to an iphone. I’ve tried with both an iphone 7 and iphone 6.

I would not recommend buying a dell, this one is 2 years old and is already slower and more buggy than my 6 year old macbook pro.
kimon
1 Copper

Re: Same problem with my dell xps

My dell xps is 3 months old and paid $2000 for it at end of February 2018. The LCD went blank despite it lit up. The LCD has been replaced once just under three months after the purchase (15 May 2018). 2 weeks after the replacement (30 May 2018), the screen broke down again with the same problem. I travel overseas for work often and it costed me a couple of weeks of productivity for such **bleep**ty unreliable defective product. The first time, i had to fly back to singapore to have it repaired. Now, it costed me expensive international phone calls just to log the issue with Dell as I want to refund such inferior and unreliable product. Given the warranty only lasts for 1 years it is definitely not worth a cent of this poor unreliable quality product. It does not connect to my iphone either. Even my 7 years old Sony Vaio touch screen is far more reliable. Maybe the next thing is this **bleep**ty laptop is going to explode since the battery heats up too and expands. NOT Highly recommended to buy this product.

0 Kudos
Bonjour111
1 Copper

Re: Dell Inspiron won't connect to my iPhone

Was the same fixed or not..?? Am also facing the same issue, if fixed please advise me also how.

0 Kudos
Mabsi
1 Copper

Re: Dell Inspiron won't connect to my iPhone

wrote:

I have been trying for four weeks to get my Dell PC that I bought in 2008 to connect to my iPhone. It can see the but it won't connect to the Internet. I obviously need some hardware. What do I need to purchase so that this freaking PC will connect to my<Non-public info >

Me too was facing same problem...Still waiting for a proper solution.

0 Kudos
Robert Mac
1 Copper

Not just me then. Pretty much top spec and runs like a dog a lot of the time. Particularly bad when I'm on the road and not connected to the docking station.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
slickcrasher
1 Copper

I am having the same problem with 2 Dell Laptops!! driving me nuts! 

0 Kudos