Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

5 Posts

March 23rd, 2016 14:00

Dell Inspiron won't connect to my iPhone hotspot

I have been trying for four weeks to get my Dell PC that I bought in 2008 to connect to my iPhone hotspot. It can see the hotspot but it won't connect to the Internet. I obviously need some hardware. What do I need to purchase so that this freaking PC will connect to my hotspot?

• 

16.7K Posts

March 24th, 2016 08:00

doncobb,

Click the link below for information connecting your laptop to an Apple Hotspot. 

Connecting to Apple Hotspot

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number. Click my name in blue then on the next page click where it says send private message

1 Message

January 28th, 2018 19:00

I am having the same problem with my new Dell.  I may return it due to numerous glitches. I am very disappointed. 

2 Posts

May 9th, 2018 11:00

I’m having the same problem with my dell xps. It used to work (albait bad) but now I cannot connect to an iphone. I’ve tried with both an iphone 7 and iphone 6.

I would not recommend buying a dell, this one is 2 years old and is already slower and more buggy than my 6 year old macbook pro.

1 Message

January 8th, 2019 21:00

Was the same fixed or not..?? Am also facing the same issue, if fixed please advise me also how.

10 Posts

February 12th, 2019 04:00

wrote:

I have been trying for four weeks to get my Dell PC that I bought in 2008 to connect to my iPhone. It can see the but it won't connect to the Internet. I obviously need some hardware. What do I need to purchase so that this freaking PC will connect to my

Me too was facing same problem...Still waiting for a proper solution.

1 Message

July 5th, 2019 01:00

Not just me then. Pretty much top spec and runs like a dog a lot of the time. Particularly bad when I'm on the road and not connected to the docking station.  

1 Message

November 10th, 2019 17:00

I am having the same problem with 2 Dell Laptops!! driving me nuts! 

1 Message

April 5th, 2020 18:00

As I told, i changed my iphone name, then I connected my iphone with laptop via bluetooth. however, I couldnot connect to my iphone hotspot. What i did was right-clicked on bluetooth icon, then clicked on "join a personal area network", then right-clicked on my devices, clicked on the connect using and access point. Finally it worked for me. 

1 Message

June 3rd, 2020 21:00

Minh_Tran I was having trouble, but thanks to your post, it works.  Thank you.

3 Posts

September 19th, 2020 23:00

There may be various steps that you need to follow for this. But first go with basic troubleshooting steps:

1. Do Hot restart your PC

2. Try cleaning Junk files and Temp files for your laptop.

3. Check if there are issues with your drivers, are they all updated?

4. Check your iPhone to Laptop Connectivity.

Recently I helped a community member fixing an issue in a Ubisoft service is currently unavailable, If this error remains the same I will definitely post a detailed guide on it soon.

Thanks

1 Message

September 28th, 2020 22:00

it is not working with my iphone 

1 Message

October 28th, 2020 06:00

Blunder 651 happens in windows working framework in light of some organization issue and uniquely when we attempt to set up website  association utilizing PPPoE associations or another connected issue

November 4th, 2020 04:00

our team have also used dells for 2 Jrs but turned to Macs few months ago and saw a big difference!

1 Message

November 8th, 2020 23:00

i changed my iphone name, then I connected my iphone with laptop via bluetooth. however, I couldn't connect to my iphone hotspot. What i did was right-clicked on bluetooth icon, then clicked on "join a personal area network", then right-clicked on my devices, clicked on the connect using and access point. Finally it worked for me. 

No Events found!