i've got an ol' Dell Latitude d-505, and i'm having a problem i used to have some time ago.
the drivers cd simply does not supply a network controller, or a wireless broadbcom adapter driver either
in the past i've managed after MONTHS of searching- to get it right and working..but sadly i lost the network and wireless drivers
i've executed Everest to try and find what drivers should i look for, but NOTHING seems to work
please, please help me.
The driver for the wired network connection is the Intel Pro/100 VE driver. The wireless driver for your system will depend on which wireless card you have. It might be an Intel Pro/Wireless card, or it could be a Dell Wireless card. Without knowing which card you have installed I can't tell you which is the driver for yours.
The drivers for both are definitely on the Drivers & Utilities CD, although my recommendation would be to get the latest driver(s) from the Dell support website.
Here's how to fix any Dell Latitude that is not finding drivers
1. Go to Device Manager (Start > Right-click My Computer > Manage > Device Manager)
2. Double-Click unknown device "?" to open
3. Details Tab
4. Use drop-down to select "Hardware IDs"
5. Search the internet for the shortest ID listed
6. Bob's your uncle and you've found the driver to download/install