Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 6th, 2011 14:00

Dell Latitude D600 wireless Connection Difficulties

Hello,

I have a complex problem with my Dell Latitude D600 Laptop,
It all started one day that out of nowhere my laptop did not recognize my Network Adapter, and it would say "No physical adapters found", and randomly it would work again. So I used my old laptop to look in the internet for solutions, first i tried updating all my drivers with a software that scans and updates all the drivers necessary for you but, it failed to fix the actual problem. Then I tried re-installing my OS, so now with a fresh new OS the wireless capabilities worked fine, but only for the first day, then the next morning the whole problem began again. Now it would say " No supported wireless adapters found" and when i would open the device manager some devices would have the yellow exclamation point, some of the devices would say "Intel PCIC compatible PCMICA controller" and " PCMICA MTD-0002" or just "card bus controller" and many other ones that would alternate when they appear. And also sometimes my network adapters would completely disappear from the list. I also tried scanning my whole drive for viruses and nothing was found. Then i found that if you disconnect the wireless adapter physically and re connect it, it might work, but it didn't. I should also add that before this problem for some time i had another problem with the same laptop that had to do with the battery malfunctioning, and it displays a 4 orange , 1 green pattern sequence on the LED charge display. But it had never affected any of the laptops hardware or software before, so I don't know if that might have anything to do with it. Now here is some information on my laptop that might help:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.60GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 511 Mb
Graphics Card: MOBILITY RADEON 9000, 32 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 38154 MB, Free - 27903 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Computer Corporation, 0T9369,    , .JST6Z61.CN486435242308.
Antivirus: ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.2, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled
Modem: Conexant D480 MDC V.92 Modem
Network Adapters: Broadcom 570x Gigabit Integrated Controller, Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection
PCMCIA Adapters: O2Micro OZ711EC1 SmartCardBus Controller (x2)

I should also add that i don't use the zero connection to connect to the internet i use a wireless wifi software downloaded from dell support drivers page. And also at first I thought that the software might be the problem so I downgraded it, and it worked but the same problems started again, so I know that the software has nothing to do with it. I also tried to just use the default wireless connection zero and the same would happen. If there is any other information needed in order to address this problem please ask, and thank you all for as much or little help.

February 7th, 2011 19:00

Thank you, i will RE RE install my OS and follow the driver installations step by step and see if this fixes the problem and post back if it worked in success.

No Events found!