Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 26th, 2015 15:00

Dell Latitude D620 WiFi network adapter card problem

Hello,

I have a previous post that I erred in posting to laptop audio, so I return to ask what I can do to resolve the problem. It was previously owned and I purchased it refurbished from Amazon. It was XP but has win 7 pro now. My unit is 32 bit. I began experiencing problems with the wireless network adapter card six months ago. I replaced the card with the recommended legal replacement. I downloaded the proper drivers (or at least that which was applicable for 32 bit, even the Vista drivers just in case). I downloaded all the drivers and even ones that would relate to the problem. I have tried and exhausted every other avenue imaginable. I would be more than happy to provide the service tag info as well as any other proof in kind to insure that this laptop is not stolen, and I am extremely pleased with this prouduct, and can't afford to replace it at the present time.

Two of the problems are that the old 3945 ABG will no longer display with WiFi indicator light when I reinstalled it, and the drivers for the new 4965 ABG won't install. My laptop recognizes the 4965, but cannot install the drivers. I was notified that a problem was encountered in installing said drivers.  What am I doing incorrectly? l have the Intel Device Driver Update Utility installed on the laptop as well, but cannot connect to my internet connection to obtain the proper drivers, nor diagnose any additional problems associated in kind.

I downloaded both sets, for win xp and win 7 32 and 64 bit, both just in case, and neither will work. Can you please provide me with the proper drivers needed?  I am using a tablet to contact you from home, and use public WiFi to download the drivers to a USB flash drive. Maybe that is part of the problem, but I have no other avenue of recourse. Any assistance you can provide me would be most welcomed and greatly appreciated.

Warmest Regards,

J.J.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

February 26th, 2015 16:00

You installed the new wireless card making sure the antennas were attached? Did you try this Windows 7 driver?

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=22116

February 26th, 2015 19:00

Yes, and thank you so much for providing the right download of driver and the installer for win 7 32. It worked like a charm!  Have a great night :-D

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

February 27th, 2015 02:00

I've listed the rest of the drivers are listed here if you haven't got them already:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/driver-sets/latitude-d-series-laptops/latitude-d620-windows-7-32-bit/

No Events found!