cquatraro
1 Nickel

RE: Dell Latitude D830, cannot connect to internet

In the F2 setup, the Integrated NIC setting is now at "Enabled w/PXE". My other options are Off, Enabled and Enabled w/RPL. "The Factory default setting is Enabled w/PXE". Does this help?

0 Kudos
jphughan
5 Rhenium

Change it to Enabled, which will keep the NIC active, but not as an allowed boot device.

0 Kudos
cquatraro
1 Nickel

Success - the PXE error messages have stopped coming up when I changed to Enabled. Now, for the last challenge. What do you think about deleting all the Internet drivers and only reinstalling the R151336? If this sounds like a good idea, what is the best way to uninstall the drivers?

0 Kudos
jphughan
5 Rhenium

What do I think about deleting all of the other drivers and reinstalling only R151336?  Well, that's precisely what I suggested a few posts up, so of course I think that's a reasonable step. Smiley Happy  As I mentioned there, the best way to do it is through Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, looking for anything related to Broadcom.  It's not perfect (uninstallers don't always remove everything), but it's about the best you can do unless you want to reinstall your operating system from scratch.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dennisshipman
1 Nickel

I had a similar problem with XP Pro not seeing the network card. (And I am an IT pro.) I brought an HDD pre-loaded with Win 7 Pro that worked fine (except for sluggishness I attributed to the fact that the D830 doesn't like these newer Windows OS) and immediately showed "connected." Well, I returned it to the vendor and foolishly rolled back to XP Pro. The system doesn't see a network driver now. Going into the device manager shows a bunch of exclamation marks for ethernet controller, video controller, bus et cetera, which I uninstalled to no avail after updating the chipset (the BIOS Dell had only worked with 2000 and XP), and Broadcam 57XXGigabit Integrated Controller from suport.dell.com. No luck, though. I finally loaded Win10 Pro. Same business. I am stumped as to why only the HHD preloaded with Win 7 "plugged and played" when wired into our Gigabit Ethernet (GbE or 1 GigE). But using the 120 GB HHD the machine came with and a clean Win 10 Pro 64 bit install results in a prominent red x in the connection icon on the task tray.

0 Kudos