Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

July 6th, 2016 11:00

Dell Mini Card & bluetooth not working on Dell XPS L501X

I have a Dell XPS 15 Laptop (L501X)...and have recently upgraded to Windows 10. My broadband SIMCARD (embedded in PC) does not seem to work, neither does my bluetooth. I am not sure if this has come with the original order of the Laptop, as I have just recently purchased it on eBay, from the USA.

I have downloaded all the relevant drivers, to no avail. The wireless works well on the my wireless network we have around our home, as well as the hardwire cable connection,

I also have a Dell XPS L502X, which has all the features and works well, with no issues.

Please help.

• 

16.7K Posts

July 12th, 2016 08:00

KevinBouah,

Unfortunately,  Product not tested for Windows 10 upgrade

Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected.

July 12th, 2016 10:00

Hi,

Fair point....but this Dell XPS L501X was tested for the same issues a few weeks ago, when I received it with the original Windows 7 Pro OPERATING SYSTEM.

I am beginning to think that it might not have a broadband and blue tooth ''built in modem''?...as I have purchased it 2nd hand via eBay from the USA.

I also have a Dell XPS L502X, which has been upgraded to Windows 10 last year, and everything works perfectly on it.

How can one check what the original ordered package for the L501X contained?....it will cure my curiosity and much anxiety!

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

July 12th, 2016 11:00

What are the hardware IDs so I can identify the variants:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/checking-hardware-ids-in-the-device-manager/

No Events found!