Strichards
1 Copper

Re: Dell Mobile Broadband Card Utility and IE8

There is an updated version for the Cingular 5520 series cards.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&releaseid=R216783&SystemID=VOS_N_1500&servicetag=65MXCD1&os=WLH&osl=en&deviceid=13573&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=2&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=20&fileid=307954

Which does not fix the issue for me.  sorry.

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Strichards,

Does un-installing IE8 and going back to IE7 make everything work again?

Try system Restore and go back to the time you had a connection.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
Strichards
1 Copper

Strichards,

Does un-installing IE8 and going back to IE7 make everything work again?

Yes - Uninstalled IE8 and reboot made it work once again.

steve

0 Kudos
RockSt☆r-Rick
3 Argentium

Steve,

There is something in Internet Explorer 8 that's not allowing everyone to connect to the Internet, either with air cards and even users of AOL. It is becoming a connection issue with not connecting using Internet Explorer 8, so I would recommend that people stay away from installing it. Your computer is fine, it's IE8

That's sad to see somthing like this happen with Internet Explorer 8. emoticon.Crying.title

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

0 Kudos
briandrab
1 Copper

I have a Dell Precision M4300 with a Dell Wireless 5520 Cingular Mobile Broadband (3G HSDPA) Minicard. AT&T is the service provider. I had the same issue but narrowed it down (at least for me) to the "Microsoft Office Live Add-in 1.3" in my Add-Remove programs. Once I removed this, I had to uninstall the Dell Mobile Broadband software, reboot, install again. It works with IE8!

0 Kudos
Strichards
1 Copper

Briandrab's solution has worked for me.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
IanLevit
1 Copper

This interesting.  I use Live Meeting all the time and I do have 1.3 installed.  However, I didn't get this problem until I installed IE8.  As soon as I uninstalled IE8, the problem went away.  Were you able to re-install LM 1.3 again, or is it still uninstalled?

Ian

0 Kudos

Okay.  I have corrected the issue.  With IE8 installed and DMBCU crashing when attempting to start the application, here is what I did:

1. I uninstalled DMBCU

2. I uninstalled Office Live Add-in 1.3

3. I reinstalled DMBCU.  (All okay and working)

4. I reinstalled Office Live Add-in 1.3  (DMBCU started failing again)

5. I uninstalled Office Live Add-in 1.3 (DMBCU working)

6. I uninstalled Office LiveMeeting 2005 (NOTE: I still have Office LiveMeeting 2007 installed and working)

7. I reinstalled Office Live Add-in 1.3 (DMBCU working)

So, I have IE8, DMBCU and Office Live Add-in 1.3 working fine.  However, I did have to uninstall Office LiveMeeting 2005, which is okay, since everyone should be on LiveMeeting 2007 now.  2005 was only hosted, and since MS has upgraded all LM services to 2007, is a non-issue.

Also, based on previous posts this not only works for my card (Verizon), but others, as well.

Regards,

AR

Tags (3)
ajayLucid
1 Copper

I found a solution that worked for me in Windows 7.  Will likely work in Vista also.

I am using IE8 and had all the problems experienced by the others.
 If Windows recongizes the chip, it would show up as "Novatel Wirelss CDMA" in the devices section. 1. Create a new "Dial Up Connection" 2, Set the Dialing phone number to *99# That is it! Connect using that connection.

No user id or password reqiured. And no need for Dell/Verizon hybrid software either.

Full credit due to the hint I found at http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1487396 Post #7 by Tinaa

Let us know if it works for you.

0 Kudos
deepak4cs
1 Copper

Hello Sir,

I bought a dell studio 15,It has a sim socket behind the battery,Please tell me how to configure the sim socket, I don't have any idea about sim socket, Please tell me me. Is the sim socket is only working with 3G sims. 

Please..

0 Kudos