Hi Srb h_klkrn1991,
N5010 laptop is usually shipped with Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth card. The drivers for Windows 8 are not available. You can try the following steps which might work for you:
- Click the following link to download the most updated driver for the Bluetooth: http://dell.to/PiDJLS
- Save the folder (zipped folder) on the 'Desktop screen'
- Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R273948.exe
- The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R273948
- Click Ok
- After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor window is still open, close it
- Open the following path: C:\dell\Drivers\R273948\Win32 (Follow steps mentioned below)
Note: The steps listed below are based on assumption that Windows 32 bit version is installed in your laptop; please open Win64 folder if Windows 64 bit is installed in your system. Please refer to the step-by-step instructions as mentioned below:
- Click 'Computer' and drive letter 'C'
- Locate folder 'dell' and double click it
- Locate folder 'Drivers' and double click it
- Locate folder 'R273948'
- Locate folder 'Win32' and double click it (Open Win 64 folder if Window 8 64 bit version is installed)
- Locate file Inst (Refer to the image below)
Right click file 'Inst'
- Click 'Run as an administrator'
- Click 'Yes' to continue if prompted with 'User access control' message
- Follow through with the installation as per the screen instructions
- Finish the installation and check for the Bluetooth functionality
- If issue persists, try using the 'setup' file to install drivers in compatibility mode (Next Step)
Install 'Setup.exe' file in 'compatibility Mode'
- Navigate to C:\dell\Drivers\R273948\Win32
- Right click ‘Setup’ file and click ‘Properties’
- Click “Install in compatibility mode’
- Click on Application and select ‘Troubleshoot Compatibility’
- Next, click on ‘Troubleshoot Program’
- Click on Program worked in earlier versions of Windows
- Click on ‘Windows 7’
- Click on ‘Start the Program’
- Do not hit ‘Next’ until the installation completes
- Once the installation completes, click on ‘Next’
Note: Though the recommended steps have exhibited some positive results, you may still experience bluetooth issues as the laptop is not tested to work optimally with Windows 8. You can refer to the link for a compatible system tested by Dell with Windows 8 http://dell.to/Qjs0rN
Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.
This solution worked for my XPS 1647 but I had to download the win 7 drivers for the wireless bluetooth 370 card. I went into the Win64 folder and right-clicked on the Inst file and followed the instructions. Then, I had to get the Win 8 drivers from the Widcomm site.
I made the mistake of un-installing the Widcomm software before I upgraded to Win 8. I probably could have just updated the software from Widcomm instead of re-installing win 7 version.
Actually dell uses the Widdcom Bluetooth software which is manufactured by Broadcom...... so I searched Broadcom Bluetooth driver for windows 8 and I get
Broadcom WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software Drivers ver.18.104.22.168.64 ......and here I saw its the original Widdcom Bluetooth driver that supports a lot of Bluetooth
devices, and companies modifies these Bluetooth software as they want for their product....
Here I found that Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth module is the supported device list.....But the download link not worked so I downloaded the Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 driver 22.214.171.1240 version from Lenovo website as Lenovo is also in the supported list and Lenovo did not modify it
And it works fine, in my Dell Inspiron N5010 in just double click.(no compatibility troubleshooting )
There are other valuable tricks described in the community forum which worked for many users...but unfortunately not for me so I searched for it and I get success this time this driver works fine with out any compatibility issue.......may be work well for you...