Highlighted
frisbeeguru
1 Copper

Dell N5110 Wireless Issue

Hey All,

I have a dell N5110 which is about 3 months old. Currently I am living in an apartment with 4 other roommates. We recently got our modem upgraded by charter to a Netgear CG3000D Modem which has increased our download/upload speeds considerably since it is now a docsis 3.0 modem. Anyways, charter set up the modem all the internet works great for everyone...except me. I experience extremely slow download speeds (clocked a speedy 0.38 Mbps a few minutes ago) and upload speeds are usually the same or just fail when tested. I also experience high latency when doing anything such as games online etc. which is odd because this only happens to me. I have tested both wireless and wired connection to the modem and regardless of how I am connected to the network it is barely functional (i.e. took me 15 seconds to upload a 7 Kb email attachment). This internet speed doesn't change depending on who in my apartment is connected - the internet remains uber slow for me when no one is home with no other device connected.

What I have tried:

I updated all drivers to the most recent available through dell/intel

- when that didn't work I wiped my computer and reinstalled/updated drivers, bios, etc. to the most recent avialable

I have tried changing the channel of which my modem broadcasts the wireless

- I used some software charter themselves uses to find the best channel...still no difference

Double checked that the modem wasn't blocking my mac or ip address

-which it was not

I have tried resetting the modem to factory settings

-no change to my performance

I tried disabling/re-enabling by network hardware/drivers

- no change

Interesting info:

I can connect fine to networks at my University which broadcasts only g I believe. 

I cannot connect to my parent's N (dual I believe) network at their home. My network at my apartment it a dual band.

I do not believe this is an issue with my ISP (Charter) or the modem but my dell computer. If it was the ISP or the modem, it would not be just me having these issues and my internet performance remains the same throughout the busiest times and the slowest times of the day for internet usage. Thus, I am left to believe that my network adapter is being iffy or something. Let me know what you guys think. At this point I cannot really use my computer for anything at my apartment because I can't effectively do anything on the internet.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nvel0027
1 Copper

Re: Dell N5110 Wireless Issue

hi I'm Nicholas. Last month i bought an N5100 and i have encountered  the same problems. I live with 2 other room mates who have never moaned about any internet problems. Anyway, did you solve the issue, If yes please help. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
azizi67
1 Copper

i98iuu

0 Kudos
azizi67
1 Copper

driver for dell 5110

0 Kudos