Highlighted
impala454
Copper

Dell Precision 7510 will not connect to Ethernet and Wifi simultaneously

I have a brand new Dell Precision 7510 laptop and cannot get it to connect to both Ethernet and Wifi at the same time.  While Ethernet is connected and I attempt to connect to a wifi connection I get an instantaneous "Cannot connect to this network".  I have so far:

• Made sure both are enabled
  • Verified both work independently (including the wifi networks I'm trying to connect to)
  • Updated drivers of both Ethernet and Wifi to the latest
  • Changed BIOS settings which attempt to automatically turn off wifi when Ethernet is connected

Any help would be appreciated.  I really need both to work at the same time.

Edit:
I will also add that when I disable the Ethernet, connect to the wifi, then re-enable the Ethernet, the wifi disconnects on its own.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Dell Precision 7510 will not connect to Ethernet and Wifi simultaneously

Hi impala454,

Thanks for posting.

You can do this with two routers.  Here's an article that you may find helpful:

http://dell.to/2lYvUvQ

0 Kudos
impala454
Copper

Hi Robert thanks for the reply!  I think perhaps you misunderstood the question.  I'm not attempting to connect twice to the same network, rather two completely separate ones.  My laptop will *not* connect to a wifi network while the Ethernet is enabled.  I get an immediate "cannot connect to this network".  If I disable the Ethernet adapter wifi then works.  The two pieces of hardware will not work at the same time.  This is a computer problem, not a network problem.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos