Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

July 31st, 2009 21:00

Dell Printer 922 on Vista 32 bit needs to be used by Vista 64 bit via a network

I have my Dell all-in-one 922 connected to my Dell laptop using Vista 32 bit. Works fine. I would like to access it from another networked computer running Vista 64 bit. When I try to add the 922 it says the driver is not correct.

I see there are 64 bit drivers available. Is there a way to use it or some other way to be able to be on the 64 bit computer and print to the Dell 922 on the 32 bit computer?

My HP printer had the same problem but HP has a universal driver in both 32 and 64 bit so I installed the universal 32 bit driver on my 32 bit machine and was able to add the network printer with no problems despite it being 32 bit.

Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 1st, 2009 03:00

asbaker,

What!!! The driver doesn't exist!

Please follow the instructions below. I have provided the 64-bit driver for you.

Please follow the instructions below and the printer should install for you. Please make sure you have all Windows Updates, especially .net framework, (needed to run many applications) and the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch (a MUST with Vista machines) to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

Vista 64-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer.

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Let me know what happens.

Rick

No Events found!