Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 4th, 2009 23:00

Dell Studio 1555 WWAN Card Problem : No SIM Card Found

Hey All

So I bought a Dell 1555 which has a WWAN Card Slot. Then I bought a Dell 5530 HSPA Wireless Card and installed it. Installed correctly with drivers installed as well. Then I installed the Application found on Dell Website (Wireless Manager). But Now I removed the battery and inserted the SIM Card totally inside (facing up) but it is not detected by the software. It detects the modem installed but not the SIM card. I have tried two different SIM cards. The Modem is not locked to any network.

1) Is there something physical blocking the SIM Card access??

What can I do to fix this? Please help.

1 Message

September 17th, 2009 01:00

I'm having exactly the same issue with a Studio 1537 and the 5530 HSPA card. Doesn't matter what SIM or what driver version I up/downgrade to the result is the same. I can see the card (and query it correctly), but that's as far as it goes. Keeps coming back with SIM not found.

Anyone able to assist with an updated version of DCM better than 1.2 which might resolve this issue?

35 Posts

October 5th, 2009 12:00

I'm having the same problem with a Studio 1735 I have vodafone mobile working on my 1721 so I know the sim card is ok I installed a mobile broadband modem into my 1735 (installed ok) but when I insert the sim from my 1721 into the 1735 it cannot be found.

1 Message

January 19th, 2010 11:00

Got a brand new Dell Latitude E6500 with a Dell 5530 Card...  worked okay for 2 weeks but today... "No SIM Card Found".  And yes, I took the SIM Card out, put it back, reinstalled drivers, etc, etc.  Decided to test the SIM in my old Huawei E220 USB adapter with which I am connected to the Internet with right now and it works fine.

I conclude the Dell 5530 is stuffed.  Did any of you find a solution or should I ask Dell for a refund?

Wessel.

1 Message

March 31st, 2010 07:00

I just got my m6400 motherboard replaced and now getting the same problem.  Haven't heard back from Dell yet.

No Events found!