Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 1st, 2013 12:00

Dell Vostro 5460 WIFI problem

Hi, i bought a new dell vostro 5460 and i am having issues with the WIFI. i cannot use WIFI in the room wherea other laptops work perfectly fine in the room. also after every 10 minutes it gets disconnected. Its a new laptop and having this issue, what sort of  products your company is selling. what should i do now. ??????

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 1st, 2013 13:00

BasitSattar,

Go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag number, then select your operating system. Under Network, download and install the latest drivers.

Try these tweaks....

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Go to the power options, and changed the Wireless Adapter Setting, from Maximum Power Setting to Maximum Performance.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 1st, 2013 14:00

BasitSattar,

Read page 12 in the Vostro 5640 Owners Manual. I suspect antenna wire(s) may have come loose.

Rick

September 1st, 2013 14:00

I have already tried all of these tweaks and they are useless. i am unable to use wifi inside room. if i want to use wifi i have to sit near the modem so it can work perfectly. give me some other solution..???? is it a hardware problem..??????

17 Posts

September 12th, 2013 09:00

Did you find any solution? I also had this problem with a newly bought vostro 5460 and I tested all sorts of things...the only solution I found was to buy a USB wifi adapter.

Also how come a new laptop may have loose antenna wire(s)??

2 Posts

September 18th, 2013 09:00

Been having that problem for a while, did some reseach and some twerking. I would like to share this with you guys

i found out that the problem is caused by the power saving poling (PSP) on intel devices uncompatibility with router settings.

for more info visit http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-006205.htm

to solveGo to the Device manager >> Network Adapters

1.  double click on the Intel centrino wireless Adapter to go to its properties

2. Click Advanced > Adapter Settings > Advanced tab.

3. Windows XP*: Select Power Management, uncheck Default / Auto, and move the slider to Highest / Maximum Performance.

4. Windows 7 or 8*: Select Transmit Power, change Value to 5. Highest.

4.1 set Roaming Agressiveness to 2. medium-low

Hope it helps, let me know.... cheers :-)

2 Posts

October 15th, 2013 07:00

I bought Vostro 5460 4 months ago. I'm having the same problem as well. The wifi connection is weak. The wifi is not stable and having very slow internet speed (few kbps) while other laptops are working well. I tried the steps above but it is not working. Please help.

3 Posts

November 19th, 2013 03:00

___

3 Posts

November 19th, 2013 04:00

___

3 Posts

November 21st, 2013 00:00

Hi, Thanks...

I should launch a complain so that they replace the network card for me as well haha..

Thanks again...

7 Posts

November 21st, 2013 00:00

i'm also using dell 5460... same problem as you.... they replace the network from intel 2230 to realtek..

now my problem gone.....

khalid

3 Posts

June 20th, 2014 05:00

Yap Did you receive any help?

3 Posts

Khalid I heard Realtek WIFI also giving a lot of problem to other laptop brand as well. Your Realtek WIFI still surviving?

3 Posts

CK Did you complain? What did Dell offer the Realtek to you? I heard Realtek WIFI also giving a lot of problem to other laptop brand as well.

February 17th, 2015 09:00

I got the same problem. I just can't connect in my university wifi as I did with my previous laptop. 

First I replaced the wifi minipci with the atheros one of my old laptop, with no success. Then, I replaced the wifi antennas (they are below the palmrest) with the ones in my old laptop. The signal was pretty strong, but they did not fit inside the laptop.

I just ordered two different pairs of antennas on ebay. It looks like they will fit inside. However, I can't place them in the screen like they are in the most laptops, since it is made of aluminum (and aluminum blocks the signal). 

I'll post the results as soon as my new antennas arrive.

July 5th, 2015 06:00

I have similar problem.

I can't find Network Adopter in Device Manager option.

I will try to install the Driver for the same and will see whether that helps.

Is there any other solution for it?

Thanks

nic

No Events found!