Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 4th, 2013 01:00

Dell Vostro 5460 issue with intel centrino N2230

Hello,

I recently bought a dell vostro 5460 laptop with Windows 8 64 bit. The Laptop has wireless adapter Centrino N 2230 and driver version is 15.5.7.52  which is the latest driver provided by dell. The problem that I am having is I lose my internet connection like every 10 min. This is really annoying and my google search showed that many other persons have issue with this wireless adapter.

Can you please help me sort this problem out?

17 Posts

July 4th, 2013 02:00

Hello,

I've ran the dell diagnostic tool and there is no problem. I bought the laptop on the 29th June 2013 and having this issue at intermittence since I started using it. I have a pc and another dell laptop (N5110) connected to the same network and they work just fine.

249 Posts

July 4th, 2013 02:00

Hi YanishD

Good Day!

Am sorry for all the trouble experienced. First, we can run some test with the system. Run the 32-bit system diagnostics to isolate any Hardware failure. Just restart the system and tap F12 on dell logo and run the test. Let me know of the results once done with the test. And also, when did the issue started? Is there any other devices connected to the same network?

Thanks and Regards,

DELL_Andrew F.

Social Media and Community Professional

249 Posts

July 5th, 2013 01:00

Hi YanishD,

Thanks for responding. Kindly Accept my friend request for a more secure conversation. Once accepted, please do send me the Service Tag of the system and I'll look into all options possible to reapir system.

Thanks and Regards,

DELL_Andrew F.

Social Media and Community Professional

2 Posts

July 28th, 2013 09:00

Hi, May I know is there any solution above? I am having the same issue. I tried to load my gmail using a 50mb line, it took me 3-4minutes to get it loaded(only google chrome is running).. When I use my older dell laptop, it only takes 2sec to load it. Ally

17 Posts

July 28th, 2013 13:00

I will have my laptop checked by dell when I move to the country where I bought it. I could not find any solution for this problem

3 Posts

September 18th, 2013 21:00

for DELL CS team, 

This is not an ISP issue, this is a well known issue with the centrino N-2230 wifi adapter.

Recently bought vostro 5460, I'm within a school network which constantly got >10mbps in other computer but with the Vostro 5460 the wifi would sometime drop and even when connected the speed would constantly underperform (about 25% as fast as the other computer). 

DELL would need to look into this and issue a solution to all of us who bought this laptop. 

1 Message

December 12th, 2013 22:00

Hi good day

Would like to inquire if what is the solution to the wify connectivity problem of Dell Vostros 5460 using Intel Centrino Wireless 2230.

Im having the same problem.

Thank you

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

December 13th, 2013 03:00

Hi MJAS,

Please download the wireless driver and save it on the desktop using the link below.

http://dell.to/1hQN9ux

Once the driver is downloaded and saved on the desktop, uninstall the existing Dell wireless driver from device manager, follow the steps below.

Start > in search box type in device manager > under the network > select the wireless and Bluetooth and right click on it and uninstall and check the box (delete the software for this device). Restart your computer and then install the wireless driver from the desktop.

7 Posts

December 15th, 2013 05:00

same as me...  call dell, ask them to replace network card to realtek 8723ae...

now i have no problem with wifi issue..

7 Posts

December 15th, 2013 05:00

replace network card to realtek  8723

No Events found!