napoleon1815
1 Copper

Dell Wireless 1395 card unable to find network on Inspiron 1720

My laptop is just slightly over a year old and now I am unable to use the wireless feature.  The light on the side of the laptop does not light up.  I tried everything in support with regard to resetting the modem, etc. but the modem is not the  problem as we are able to connect with our desktop and other laptops in our home.  I tried to reinstall the drivers for this but no luck.  I have Vista if that makes a difference.  I can't even connect with the ethernet cable plugged directly into the wireless modem but can connect with a dataplug (ethernet cable plugged into electrical wall outlet).  Not sure what to do next.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
courtenia
1 Copper

Re: Dell Wireless 1395 card unable to find network on Inspiron 1720

Hi there,

I am having the EXACT same issue with my Dell (Inspiron 1526).  Did you ever solve this problem?  If so, can you tell me how?  This is quite a frustrating issue!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Agent_99
6 Indium

Re: Dell Wireless 1395 card unable to find network on Inspiron 1720

Hi napoleon1815,

I have an Inspirion 2200 and I can disable/enable the built-in wifi by pressing the FN+F2 key combination. My sister has a Sony laptop and a Toshiba laptop. These units each have a small slide switch on the front edge of the laptop that is used to disable/enable wifi. Also try closely inspecting the edge contacts of the 1395 card. Look for oxidation or any debri that might be shorting two or more of the contacts. If they are oxidized, use a small eraser, preferably one made of soft plastic (plastic leaves less residue) to clean the contacts. Just take your time and apply minimal pressure while cleaning the contacts.

Hope this helps.

Peace.

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security. "
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 730x w/Core i7 920, ATI Radeon HD 4850, (3) 500GB SATA-300 HDD, Win7-x64
Inspiron 2200 w / Pentium M, WinXP Home
IBM ThinkCentre M52 w / Pentium 4-3Ghz,
WinXP Pro

0 Kudos