speersy10
2 Bronze

Dell Wireless 1705 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHZ) windows 7 64 bit driver

Jump to solution

I have installed Windows 7 on my inspiron 15 purchased with windows 8.

I am dual booting both sys tems but cant find a driver for the wirelss adapter (Dell Wireless 1705 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHZ) )

I am using the wired conection to write this post so every thing else seems to work.

any help would be apprecated thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
speersy10
2 Bronze

RE: Dell Wireless 1705 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHZ) windows 7 64 bit driver

Jump to solution

problem solved

I did a google serch I think and eventually found a link to dells website that gave me this file

Network_Qualcomm_w7_x03_A01_WFi_BT_setup_ZPE 

It worked perfectly so far

The only problem was i unziped it  and then nothing . I had to go to the folder when it unziped the files and clicked on setup to get it to install.

I have this file if any one needs it but im sure it can be found by serching for the exact file on this site.

hope this helps some one else

View solution in original post

deebanan
2 Bronze

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
26 Replies
PudgyOne
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

speersy10,

When you installed the operating system, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Dell System Software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

#DellRockstar

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012
#DellWorld 2015
#Dell EMC World 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

This is a Dell User Forum. I am a Dell user, just like you are.
0 Kudos
speersy10
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I am installing windows 7 as a second operating system on a windows 8 laptop and have the chipset drivers working . I dont know about dell system software as this is a clean install and licence version of windows7 pro. I am using.

The only problem  seems to be the wirless adapter . The only drivers I can find seem to be for windows 8. which wont install in 7 .

Is there another driver that might work or is this hardware brand new for windows 8 and if so do I have any other options.

Thanks

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

speersy10,

Can you run Finding System Information REMOVE YOUR PRODUCT ID and REGISTERED OWNER and post the information back here.

That way I know the model and can see if I can find drivers.

Rick

#DellRockstar

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012
#DellWorld 2015
#Dell EMC World 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

This is a Dell User Forum. I am a Dell user, just like you are.
0 Kudos
speersy10
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

problem solved

I did a google serch I think and eventually found a link to dells website that gave me this file

Network_Qualcomm_w7_x03_A01_WFi_BT_setup_ZPE 

It worked perfectly so far

The only problem was i unziped it  and then nothing . I had to go to the folder when it unziped the files and clicked on setup to get it to install.

I have this file if any one needs it but im sure it can be found by serching for the exact file on this site.

hope this helps some one else

View solution in original post

CalBigguy
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Do you still have this file??

If so, can I get a copy of it from you??  It doesn't appear to be available on Dell.com.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
727stretch
3 Argentum

Jump to solution
Speersy10, Can you post a link to the file? Google search and this site search show nothing. Thanks

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Inspiron 11 3137: Pentium 3556U, 8GB G.SKILL RAM upgrade, 128GB Transcend SSD upgrade, running Win 10 x64

0 Kudos
speersy10
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

This  site  wont seem to leet me  poste the ural or upload the file probably  because  I dont have enough posts , Just cut and paste the following in to a google search and select the first link that comes up and this should take you to the same file. ( Network_Qualcomm_w7_x03_A01_WFi_BT_setup_ZPE ) no brackets 

hope this helps

0 Kudos
Tom28
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hi;  I've looked and looked for this file but it's not to be found.  You said you had a copy.  Could you please send it to me.  I have a new Inspiron M731R that had windows 8 on it but that had to go quickly.  Talk about garbage. 

Thanks Much 

0 Kudos
727stretch
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

I ended up finding the file after an hour+ of searching. I also figured out why none of the other drivers I  had found would work. For Win 7 and earlier you have to install "Dell System Software" first (dunno why).

This link explains it all, and has links to the Dell System software download, as well as the Dell 1705 card drivers (scroll down for those).  http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/driver-sets/dell-wireless-cards/

That should do it. This has, literally,been the most widespread issue that I had the hardest time finding a fix for, ever.  

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Inspiron 11 3137: Pentium 3556U, 8GB G.SKILL RAM upgrade, 128GB Transcend SSD upgrade, running Win 10 x64

0 Kudos