Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 7th, 2014 06:00

Dell Wireless 1705 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHZ) windows 7 64 bit driver

I have installed Windows 7 on my inspiron 15 purchased with windows 8.

I am dual booting both sys tems but cant find a driver for the wirelss adapter (Dell Wireless 1705 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHZ) )

I am using the wired conection to write this post so every thing else seems to work.

any help would be apprecated thanks.

4 Posts

March 7th, 2014 17:00

problem solved

I did a google serch I think and eventually found a link to dells website that gave me this file

Network_Qualcomm_w7_x03_A01_WFi_BT_setup_ZPE 

It worked perfectly so far

The only problem was i unziped it  and then nothing . I had to go to the folder when it unziped the files and clicked on setup to get it to install.

I have this file if any one needs it but im sure it can be found by serching for the exact file on this site.

hope this helps some one else

1 Message

April 12th, 2015 06:00

hhhhh

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 7th, 2014 08:00

speersy10,

When you installed the operating system, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Dell System Software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

4 Posts

March 7th, 2014 11:00

I am installing windows 7 as a second operating system on a windows 8 laptop and have the chipset drivers working . I dont know about dell system software as this is a clean install and licence version of windows7 pro. I am using.

The only problem  seems to be the wirless adapter . The only drivers I can find seem to be for windows 8. which wont install in 7 .

Is there another driver that might work or is this hardware brand new for windows 8 and if so do I have any other options.

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 7th, 2014 15:00

speersy10,

Can you run Finding System Information REMOVE YOUR PRODUCT ID and REGISTERED OWNER and post the information back here.

That way I know the model and can see if I can find drivers.

Rick

140 Posts

April 4th, 2014 12:00

Speersy10, Can you post a link to the file? Google search and this site search show nothing. Thanks

4 Posts

April 9th, 2014 20:00

This  site  wont seem to leet me  poste the ural or upload the file probably  because  I dont have enough posts , Just cut and paste the following in to a google search and select the first link that comes up and this should take you to the same file. ( Network_Qualcomm_w7_x03_A01_WFi_BT_setup_ZPE ) no brackets 

hope this helps

4 Posts

April 9th, 2014 22:00

Hi;  I've looked and looked for this file but it's not to be found.  You said you had a copy.  Could you please send it to me.  I have a new Inspiron M731R that had windows 8 on it but that had to go quickly.  Talk about garbage. 

Thanks Much 

140 Posts

April 10th, 2014 14:00

I ended up finding the file after an hour+ of searching. I also figured out why none of the other drivers I  had found would work. For Win 7 and earlier you have to install "Dell System Software" first (dunno why).

This link explains it all, and has links to the Dell System software download, as well as the Dell 1705 card drivers (scroll down for those).  http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/driver-sets/dell-wireless-cards/

That should do it. This has, literally,been the most widespread issue that I had the hardest time finding a fix for, ever.  

4 Posts

April 10th, 2014 17:00

Thanks Much. Works great. It took 24 hours looking and matching manufacturing codes and device codes to finish with the rest of the drivers. Found everything and the system is running great. Thanks again. Tom

140 Posts

April 11th, 2014 04:00

Good news!  Glad to be of help

5 Posts

May 18th, 2014 02:00

me too.

4 Posts

May 18th, 2014 13:00

The connection problem is the 1 bar. The system I was working on then was Windows 8. Owner couldn't stand it.. He wanted Windows 7. So be it. I couldn't get the full speed either. Status would show 65mps. That's it. Back to you problem of the one bar. I would suggest moving the laptop around and finding where the signal is best and then purchases an access point. I'm not a lover of Linksys. I think this is your only way out. You could try another router. But that's a crapshoot too. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

4 Posts

May 18th, 2014 15:00

Just another thought. Check to see if one of the antena wires came off the wireless card inside the laptop. Just thinking outloud.

5 Posts

May 19th, 2014 12:00

TOM28,

THANKS SO MUCH for all your thoughts out loud. Deeply appreciated. 

No Events found!