Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 7th, 2014 06:00

Dell Wireless 1705 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHZ) windows 7 64 bit driver

I have installed Windows 7 on my inspiron 15 purchased with windows 8.

I am dual booting both sys tems but cant find a driver for the wirelss adapter (Dell Wireless 1705 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHZ) )

I am using the wired conection to write this post so every thing else seems to work.

any help would be apprecated thanks.

140 Posts

May 24th, 2014 02:00

Jake, 

I had the same issue re: BT. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the Dell wifi/BT driver and I could then discover devices, etc.  Win 7 here too. 

77 Posts

May 24th, 2014 02:00

I had the same problem, and also eventually found my way to that Dell drivers info blog, and obtained the WiFi drivers I needed. Thanks to the OP for documenting this all in this thread.

I'm still having problems getting BT working on my laptop though. Anyone else in the same boat?

Windows 7 drivers seemed to install automatically for the BT half of the 1705 card when installing Windows 7, but BT still isn't working. Appears in Device Manager a-OK, tray icon there, all screens and settings look legit. But it won't detect nearby BT devices, and nearby devices won't detect the Dell. (Yes, all set to discoverable, etc.).

77 Posts

May 26th, 2014 00:00

727stretch:

Hey, thanks for chiming in. Glad I'm not alone on this one!

If you will please, may I get just a tad more detail before I resume fiddling with this?

Was it as simple as uninstalling the BT driver and/or the WiFi driver (both?), reboot, then have Windows 7 just auto-detect and re-install things?

If not, maybe you needed to unzip a driver package and reinstall from there? If so, which Dell WiFi driver did you use? The DellWindowsReinstallationGuide.com driver (Dell driver ID "KXR08")? That's the one I used.

Maybe the strategy here is to get the original Windows 7 BT driver surfaced and active again, as if the Dell 1705 WiFi driver clobbers the intrinsic Windows 7 BT driver upon install...

Thanks!

140 Posts

May 26th, 2014 23:00

Yep, the driver was KXR08, from that site. I didn't do anything specific during the re-installation process; if Windows installed anything, it was quick because I began the driver install immediately after the reboot completed. All I did was uninstall the driver, reboot, and reinstall. Simple as that.  

77 Posts

May 27th, 2014 02:00

Thanks for the clarification, 727stretch. I'll be giving that a shot soon.

1 Message

September 14th, 2014 06:00

Hi I've the same problem exactly like you. I've done alot of research, i've installed anything related, tried also the 1704 wireless driver but nothing. When i try to install the 1705, even directly or by extracting it opens the wizard, select language, then appears to load, opens a second Atheros window in the backgrond, and then it crashes without finishing installation.

The file you're mentioning, perhaps is my last chance, but i cannot find it anywhere when googling.

Could you please send me the link in my email address? ckouros@gmail.com

Thank you

140 Posts

September 18th, 2014 19:00

Step 1) Go to this link and download the Dell System Software for either 32 or 64 bit Windows 7

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/driver-sets/dell-system-software/

Step 2) This is the Dell 1705 wireless driver. Link to my Google Drive storage in the event others read this and want to download. I forget where I found this file, but I think it was on the same site that I found the Dell System Software (link in step 1)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx_LXCzRDqh0YWx1bDItVjRkRWs/edit?usp=sharing

Hope that helps

1 Message

September 22nd, 2014 04:00

I have the same problem, tried locating the file, can't seem to find it...

Could you email it to me.....

Thank You

1 Message

February 20th, 2015 09:00

I have the same issue after dowgrade Inspiron 15 to Win7

can you email me this file, please.

Thank you

77 Posts

February 20th, 2015 11:00

Click on the Google Docs link in the earlier post. It says "No Preview" simply because you can't preview an .exe file. Just click the download link (a down arrow symbol) at the top of the page to download the file.

1 Message

July 28th, 2019 12:00

Do you still have this file??

If so, can I get a copy of it from you??  It doesn't appear to be available on Dell.com.

Thanks!!

No Events found!