Tom28
2 Bronze

RE: Dell Wireless 1705 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHZ) windows 7 64 bit driver

Jump to solution
Thanks Much. Works great. It took 24 hours looking and matching manufacturing codes and device codes to finish with the rest of the drivers. Found everything and the system is running great. Thanks again. Tom
0 Kudos
727stretch
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

Good news!  Glad to be of help

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Inspiron 11 3137: Pentium 3556U, 8GB G.SKILL RAM upgrade, 128GB Transcend SSD upgrade, running Win 10 x64

0 Kudos
Ms Lynne
2 Bronze

Jump to solution
me too.
0 Kudos
Tom28
2 Bronze

Jump to solution
The connection problem is the 1 bar. The system I was working on then was Windows 8. Owner couldn't stand it.. He wanted Windows 7. So be it. I couldn't get the full speed either. Status would show 65mps. That's it. Back to you problem of the one bar. I would suggest moving the laptop around and finding where the signal is best and then purchases an access point. I'm not a lover of Linksys. I think this is your only way out. You could try another router. But that's a crapshoot too. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
0 Kudos
Tom28
2 Bronze

Jump to solution
Just another thought. Check to see if one of the antena wires came off the wireless card inside the laptop. Just thinking outloud.
0 Kudos
Ms Lynne
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

TOM28,

THANKS SO MUCH for all your thoughts out loud. Deeply appreciated. 

0 Kudos
jake898
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

I had the same problem, and also eventually found my way to that Dell drivers info blog, and obtained the WiFi drivers I needed. Thanks to the OP for documenting this all in this thread.

I'm still having problems getting BT working on my laptop though. Anyone else in the same boat?

Windows 7 drivers seemed to install automatically for the BT half of the 1705 card when installing Windows 7, but BT still isn't working. Appears in Device Manager a-OK, tray icon there, all screens and settings look legit. But it won't detect nearby BT devices, and nearby devices won't detect the Dell. (Yes, all set to discoverable, etc.).

0 Kudos
727stretch
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

Jake, 

I had the same issue re: BT. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the Dell wifi/BT driver and I could then discover devices, etc.  Win 7 here too. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Inspiron 11 3137: Pentium 3556U, 8GB G.SKILL RAM upgrade, 128GB Transcend SSD upgrade, running Win 10 x64

0 Kudos
jake898
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

727stretch:

Hey, thanks for chiming in. Glad I'm not alone on this one!

If you will please, may I get just a tad more detail before I resume fiddling with this?

Was it as simple as uninstalling the BT driver and/or the WiFi driver (both?), reboot, then have Windows 7 just auto-detect and re-install things?

If not, maybe you needed to unzip a driver package and reinstall from there? If so, which Dell WiFi driver did you use? The DellWindowsReinstallationGuide.com driver (Dell driver ID "KXR08")? That's the one I used.

Maybe the strategy here is to get the original Windows 7 BT driver surfaced and active again, as if the Dell 1705 WiFi driver clobbers the intrinsic Windows 7 BT driver upon install...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
727stretch
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

Yep, the driver was KXR08, from that site. I didn't do anything specific during the re-installation process; if Windows installed anything, it was quick because I began the driver install immediately after the reboot completed. All I did was uninstall the driver, reboot, and reinstall. Simple as that.  

0 Kudos