Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2010 19:00

Dell Wireless 3300 Print Server

After about 3 days the Dell Wireless 3300 Print Server logs out of the internet or turns off the wifi until I refresh it. How do I make the wifi setting stay on permanantley? 

Please Help!!!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 2nd, 2010 06:00

aboochie123,

Did you ever ipdate the firmware in the 3300 and your wireless router? 3300 Firmware

On each computer try these tweaks...

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager). Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

15 Posts

August 4th, 2010 17:00

It didn't work.  What else should I try???

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 5th, 2010 08:00

aboochie123,

Did you update the firmware in your wireless router?

Are you using these Recommended Wireless Router Settings, I use channel 11. If you need to change the settings make a new SSID and also make sure the 3300 is within range of your wireless router. Any time you change settings. security, passwords, the 3300 will need setup, again. If you have trouble connecting, then try connecting the 3300 to the neighbors network and fake a password. It will fail, then try setting it up to your network.

Setting up the Dell Wireless Printer Adapter 3300

Rick

November 7th, 2010 03:00

aboochie123,

Did you update the firmware in your wireless router?

Are you using these Recommended Wireless Router Settings, I use channel 11. If you need to change the settings make a new SSID and also make sure the 3300 is within range of your wireless router. Any time you change settings. security, passwords, the 3300 will need setup, again. If you have trouble connecting, then try connecting the 3300 to the neighbors network and fake a password. It will fail, then try setting it up to your network.

Setting up the Dell Wireless Printer Adapter 3300

Rick

Many thanks to your explanation! I have the issue which is similar to what you have faced, The solution works for me.
No Events found!