Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 21st, 2012 10:00

Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth driver for windows 8 X64

Hi friends

I installed windows 8 X64 build 9200 on dell inspiron N5010-D and it didn't recognized the Bluetooth.It also rejects its win7 driver due to known comparability issue. Where can I find the driver? 

27 Posts

October 12th, 2012 10:00

Hey Sourabh

I have been run the 32 bit dell diagnosis test and no problem is occur. I got the message that it is succesfull , So now what should i do??????

27 Posts

October 13th, 2012 11:00

Hey sourabh

reply please i am still  getting same  problem. my laptop is still heating after updating the bios.

October 14th, 2012 13:00

Hi Sonupandey,

Thank you for posting a response. Glad to know that the custom test passed on the system fan. Please tell if you've tried downgrading the BIOS. If yes, did you get any error message? Please reply with a screenshot of the error message that you encountered while downgrading BIOS. If no error shows up, please down grade the BIOS with the detailed steps that I provided in one of my previous posts. do reply with the results. I would be glad to assist.

27 Posts

October 15th, 2012 01:00

Hi Sourabh

while i was updating my bios, i did not get any  error when update was complete my system reboot normally .

27 Posts

October 15th, 2012 01:00

whats meaning of "please down grade the BIOS with the detailed steps that I provided in one of my previous posts. do reply with the results." this????

October 15th, 2012 08:00

Hi Sonupandey,

Thank you for your response. The currently installed BIOS needs to be downgraded to a previous version. In one of my previous posts, I recommended you to update the system with latest available BIOS (Version A15). 'Downgrading BIOS' means updating the currently installed BIOS (version A15) to version A13. Please follow the steps listed below to downgrade the system BIOS:

Note: Before flashing the BIOS please check the following:
- Battery should have 10% or greater charge
- Adapter should be connected
- No external devices should be connected
- All other programs should be closed and documents saved

- Click the link to download BIOS (Version A13): http://dell.to/RwEPTc
- Download and save the file on the 'desktop screen'
- Right click the file and click 'Run as an administrator'
- Click 'continue' to agree with the 'User Access Control' prompt
- Follow through with the installation as per the on-screen instructions
- Laptop will restart automatically after BIOS is updated
- Re-check the laptop for excessive fan noise

Note: You may get a prompt, warning you, about 'BIOS downgrade'; Please ignore that message and continue with the downgrade. This is a generic message to inform that downgrading BIOS is not recommended. Updated version of BIOS for any computer is released to fix existing bugs or issues; and to enhance the capability and performance of the system. However since you are facing issues with the latest BIOS version, downgrading it is a logical troubleshooting step. Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

27 Posts

October 15th, 2012 09:00

I am getting this message when i am updating bios...

1 Message

October 16th, 2012 01:00

hi

no working Bluetooth my computer

October 16th, 2012 07:00

Hi suneertvk,

Bluetooth may become inoperable due to many possible reasons. Please try the following troubleshooting steps:

Check the status of 'Bluetooth' in 'Device Manager'
- Click ‘Start’, and then click ‘Control Panel’
- Click ‘Hardware and Sound’
- Click ‘Device Manager’
- ‘User Account Control’ dialog box appears
- Click ‘Continue’
- Device Manager Page opens up
- Locate a category called ‘Bluetooth Radios’
- If not found, locate ‘Network Adapter’
- Also observe if it has a yellow mark besides any of the device listed
- Browse through the whole list to check for any other item listed with a yellow mark
- Capture the details of the item, listed with the yellow mark

If no yellow mark is observed in 'Device Manager', try enabling the 'Bluetooth capability' in 'Windows'
(This key combination works for majority of Dell models; It may vary depending upon the system model that you have)
1. Ensure that your computer is turned on
2. Press the wireless key combination (Fn + F2) on the keyboard. If that does not work, try using the F2 key only
The current wireless status is displayed on the screen
Wireless enabled

Wireless disabled

If the issue persists, please provide more information on the Bluetooth issue that your are facing. It will help me get a better understanding.
- Was Bluetooth working before on your computer? If yes, did you make any software or hardware change just before this issue occurred?
- Do you get any error message related to Bluetooth?
- Which Bluetooth device are you trying to use with the laptop? Have you tried using any other Bluetooth device with the system?
- Have you performed any troubleshooting steps already? If yes, please mention
- Which operating system is installed in your laptop?
- Please provide the name/model of the Bluetooth card installed in your laptop; If unsure, please reply through a private message with the system 'Service Tag'. I will pull up the system information to confirm the type of Bluetooth card installed; and will provide you the correct set of Bluetooth drivers to be installed.

I am adding you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button. I am sending you a private message. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

October 16th, 2012 09:00

Hi Sonupandey,

Thank you for responding with decisive information. It appears to be a software related issue. Diagnostics passed successfully indicate a healthy system hardware. As you shared in one of your previous posts that the laptop fan works perfectly fine with Windows 8, I recommend you try reinstalling Windows 7. Installed BIOS version (A15) is designed to work with Windows 7 64 bit and reinstalling Windows should help. After you've reinstalled Windows, please check the performance of your laptop before installing any graphic intensive software applications. Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist

27 Posts

October 17th, 2012 03:00

Hi sourabh

i have already install window 7. I delete the window 8 and reinstall the windows 7 and update the bios A15 but due this version of bios i am getting again heating problem as it was happening in windows 8 previously. Due the the heating problem i delete windows 8. Now i am getting heating problem in windows 7.

So what should i do???

October 17th, 2012 09:00

Hi Sonupandey,

Thank you for your response. It appears to be an issue with the system fan and may not be related to the system BIOS at all. BIOS version A15 is fully tested with Inspiron n5010 laptop and has been listed on Dell's support website since July 2011. Since the issue persists in both Windows 8 and Windows 7, it may be related to the system hardware and may need part replacement. You may still try reinstalling Windows 7 once more to double check. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

1 Message

October 27th, 2012 06:00

For everyone struggling with this issue on Dell E4300 with Windows 8:

I used the steps suggested above, but the bluetooth did not work and I could not run the BTTtray application. The solution was to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable, even though I had 2008 and 2010 versions installed already. 

Download and install it FIRST, then follow the steps above.

I hope this helps. 

October 30th, 2012 16:00

hi

i had windows 7 and i downloaded from the dell website the bluetooth driver and it worked.

now I have the same problem, I have installed win 8 pro in my Dell Studio 1535 and the bluetooth is not working at all.

i'm trying to find the right driver but nothing seems to do the job.

can you please help me?

2 Posts

October 30th, 2012 22:00

Like others, I found Dell's current driver to be broken. After some investigation, there appears to be files that don't get installed properly, programs report not being able to find DLL's and such.  The install is definitely messed up (Dell, fix this).  Also, Broadcom's current installer on their site doesn't work, it won't detect the hardware, so forget that as well.

Following instructions similar to what was posted by DELL-Saurabh worked for me (running "inst.exe" from the Win64 folder).  However, I ended up finding a different Broadcom installer on Gateway's site, which worked fine for me.  I just looked for someone with the Broadcom 6.2.1.800 drivers for download, as people reported that to be working for other laptops with Windows 8.

http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/getFile.asp?id=24224&dscr=Broadcom%20Bluetooth%20Driver%20Version%206.2.1.800&uid=359084257

Good luck...

No Events found!