Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 15th, 2013 00:00

Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth driver for windows 8 X64

Hello,

I upgraded to Windows 8. Now when I install the Bluetooth Drivers downloaded from Dell Website, it shows 'This program has compatibility issues'.

How can I get my Bluetooth working, where can I get the driver for windows 8.

April 15th, 2013 02:00

Hi Vihang_Alienware M15x,

Dell has not tested Alienware M15x laptop with Windows 8.Therefore 'Windows 8' compatible drivers for your system are not available on Dell support website. However, I did some research and found that the following steps have been producing positive results. You may want to try to see if it works for you. 

• You may download the Bluetooth Driver from Here
  • Save the folder (zipped folder) on the 'Desktop screen'
  • Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled DELL_WIRELESS-370-BLUETOOTH-_A02-1_R235898.exe
  • The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R235898
  • Click Ok
  • After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor window is still open, close it
  • Open the following path: C:\dell\Drivers\R235898\Win64
  • Locate file Inst (Refer to the image below)

• Right click file 'Inst'
  • Click 'Run as an administrator'
  • Click 'Yes' to continue if prompted with 'User account control' message
  • Follow through with the installation as per the screen instructions
  • Finish the installation and check for the Bluetooth functionality

If issue persists, try using the 'setup' file to install drivers in compatibility mode (Next Step)

• Install 'Setup.exe' file in 'compatibility Mode'
  • Navigate to C:\dell\Drivers\R235898\Win64
  • Right click ‘Setup’ file and click ‘Properties’
  • Click “Install in compatibility mode’
  • Click on Application and select ‘Troubleshoot Compatibility’
  • Next, click on ‘Troubleshoot Program’
  • Click on Program worked in earlier versions of Windows
  • Click on ‘Windows 7’
  • Click on ‘Start the Program’
  • Do not hit ‘Next’ until the installation completes
  • Once the installation completes, click on ‘Next’

Note: Though the recommended steps have exhibited some positive results, you may still experience bluetooth issues as the laptop is not tested to work optimally with Windows 8. You may want to have a look at the list of all Dell systems tested with Windows 8: http://dell.to/SQojxk

Please reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to help.

9 Posts

September 11th, 2015 03:00

XPS 1645 370 BT Driver Win 10. > I had the same issue and what I found was that I needed to go into Add/Remove programs and Uninstall the Broadcom driver software from Windows 7. Once I did that I then used the Broadcom drivers for Windows 10 provided by Lenovo (which is the same as Broadcoms but the installer works). The Lenovo version of the Broadcom driver can be found at the link below.( if link gets broke just search for Lenovo Broadcom Bluetooth Windows 10).  Another issue that needs resolved is garbled audio via BT and that can be resolved by downloading Realtek's Windows 10 HD audio codec. I hope this information is helpful to anyone who has faced the same issue. I know personally I spent numerous hours with both Dell and Microsoft trying hopelessly to get this resolved. Thankfully I just gave in and plugged away at my own research and managed to get the issue resolved. It took me about 3 hours of research and only 5 minutes to actually get it going (including restart and device pairing). So glad I got this resolved... good luck.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds031759

1 Message

June 11th, 2014 21:00

this solve my problem on dell studio xps 1647

1 Message

June 19th, 2015 13:00

Hi guys!
This is my solution how to  install driver for bluetooth mini card 370 on dell latitude e6500 in WINDOWS 10 t.p. 

I believe it works also on WINDOWS 8.1

I'm planning to create a post on my blog

So this is it:
1. You need your driver in C:\dell\drivers\.... directory in my case: C:\dell\drivers\R226750\R226750\Win64
2. Go to: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting
3. Choose under "PROGRAMS" 'Run programs made for previous versions of Windows'
4. Select: Advanced
5. Click on: Run as administrator
6. Hit on: Next
7. Choose: Not Listed
8. Hit again on: Next
9. Select your executable file. In my case it is: C:\dell\drivers\R226750\R226750\Win64\Inst.exe
10. Hit again on: Next
11. Use: Try recommended settings
12. Click on: Test the program...
And installation of bluetooth driver goes on.

1 Message

July 29th, 2015 12:00

Thanks! I Tried doing a clean win 7 install with bluetooth installed correctly, but the win 10 upgrade disabled it. i uninstalled the widcomm bluetooth then followed your steps and it worked. Thanks!

2 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 11:00

Upgrade von Win 8.1 Pro nach Win 10 Education auf einen Dell Studio 1737 mit Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth durchgeführt. Natürlich hat Bluetooth nicht fünktioniert.

Nach obiger Anleitung die Bluetooth Treiber installiert. (Vorher wurden die Widcomm Treiber nicht deinstalliert.) Hat super funktioniert. 8-)

Vielen, vielen Dank

1 Message

August 5th, 2015 20:00

For Windows 10 users:

The driver that Dell currently offers for the Broadcom Bluetooth 370 card was not compatible with Windows 10 Home x64 on my Dell Studio XPS 1640. After trying all the steps listed above, I could not get Bluetooth to work. 

Instead I downloaded the WIDCOMM Bluetooth Windows Software, located here on the Broadcom website. Installing the software as an Administrator worked like a charm and, after a reboot, Bluetooth worked flawlessly.

August 9th, 2015 10:00

Your link is incorrect or broken

August 9th, 2015 12:00

I went to the broadcom site and got the WIDCOMM driver but when i run the install it seems to cant find the card though the bluetooth light is on. I had it there running for about an hour or so (cause i forgot about it) and it hadn't moved.

September 11th, 2015 07:00

I found a very strange happening. So i have an HP USB bluetooth dongle. I plugged it in and it installed and able to get the bluetooth screen. Low and behold in the list of devices detected to be paired to is my internal bluetooth. 

September 11th, 2015 07:00

XPS 1645 370 BT Driver Win 10. > I had the same issue and what I found was that I needed to go into Add/Remove programs and Uninstall the Broadcom driver software from Windows 7. Once I did that I then used the Broadcom drivers for Windows 10 provided by Lenovo (which is the same as Broadcoms but the installer works). The Lenovo version of the Broadcom driver can be found at the link below.( if link gets broke just search for Lenovo Broadcom Bluetooth Windows 10).  Another issue that needs resolved is garbled audio via BT and that can be resolved by downloading Realtek's Windows 10 HD audio codec. I hope this information is helpful to anyone who has faced the same issue. I know personally I spent numerous hours with both Dell and Microsoft trying hopelessly to get this resolved. Thankfully I just gave in and plugged away at my own research and managed to get the issue resolved. It took me about 3 hours of research and only 5 minutes to actually get it going (including restart and device pairing). So glad I got this resolved... good luck.

Thank you so much. This method works for me.

58 Posts

January 30th, 2016 15:00

Same here!  I've tried all the Dell drivers and couldn't get them to work.  This is working great!  The installed didn't finish successfully, but I am listening to music playing on my E6500 through Bluetooth.

Thanks again for the post!

Josh

No Events found!