Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 29th, 2017 22:00

Dell XPS 13 9360 doesn't recognize killer 1535 NIC card after Windows 10 clean install

Hello!

I'm facing some problems with my network adapter ( Killer 1535) from Dell XPS 13 9360.

After a clean install of the OS (Windows 10), network adapter is not recognized at all.

When i try to install a driver through device manager (from driver available on computer), i get error 10 message for this.

When i try to install a driver through USB port (downloaded latest driver from Dell website), i got the message " You must have proper Killer hardware installed in order to install Killer Performance Suite" and i cannot complete the driver install.

It seems that there are some hardware problem as the wireless adapter is not even showing up. Anyone had the same problem as me?

Thank you!

3 Posts

January 30th, 2017 18:00

But one funny thing, it says Broadcom Wireless on system information (settings =>general =>system information)! Shouldn't appear something like Qualcomm killer 1535...

Maybe the problem is that the card is not original and I've been scammed :(

Thanks!

3 Posts

January 30th, 2017 18:00

Hello,

Yes, I've checked bios status. It was enabled. (Wireless => WLAN (enabled))

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 31st, 2017 07:00

The XPS 13-9360 shipped with either of these WiFi. Check your invoice to be sure =
Intel Dual-Band Wireless 8265
Qualcomm Killer 1535 + BT

No, you were not scammed and it is doubtful that hardware would fail after simply doing an operating system reinstall.

You stated, "After a clean install of the OS (Windows 10), network adapter is not recognized at all.". That implies that the prior original Dell factory operating system image DID list the Qualcomm Killer 1535. Is that correct or not?

If correct, then the fault lies with your driver installation order. After the operating system is installed, each Chipset driver (11 of them) must be installed, one at a time, restarting the computer after each one.

Then install the Audio driver, restarting the computer when done.

Then install the Qualcomm Killer Wireless 1535 Driver, restarting the computer when done.

Then install the Killer Wireless-AC 1525/1535/1435 Bluetooth Driver, restarting the computer when done.

No Events found!