Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 11th, 2013 23:00

Dell XPS 1340 & WWAN 5550/5560 compatibility and drivers availability

Hi there,

I'd like to get a new WWAN card for my Dell XPS 1340 - currently there is 5530, though now I would like to put 5550 or 5560. I have read couple of threads on dell forums, other forums regarding the drivers availability and compatibility, however I haven't noticed any for 1340. Even though mentioned cards are not officially available for this model, I hope still there is at least slight chance to have it worked.

I would be really grateful if someone could tell me whether this will work or not.

Thanks in advance

HiTrUs

249 Posts

July 12th, 2013 03:00

Hi HiTrUs,

Good day and welcome to the community!

Thanks for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, the 5550 and 5560 is not compatible with the DELL XPS 1340. What you can use are:

• MDM,WRLES,DW5540,VODA,MCRD
  • MDM,WRLES,DW5540,ATT,MCRD
  • MDM,WRLES,DW5720,VRZN,MCRD
  • MDM,WRLES,DW5720,TLUS,MCRD
  • MDM,WRLES,DW5720,SPRNT,MCRD
  • MDM,WRLES,DW5730,VRZN,MCRD
  • MDM,WRLES,DW5730,SPRNT,MCRD
  • M,WRLES,DW5620,MCRD

Hope this helps. If further help is needed, just let me know if further help is needed.

Thanks and Regards,

9 Posts

July 12th, 2013 04:00

Andrew,

Thank you for your prompt answer :-)

The thing is some time ago, one of the Internet providers released a free internet access by using a SIM Card - there are sole limitations like speed and every 30 minutes it gets disconnected, though still I reckon it's a good alternative to access the Internet if there is no other way. There is also a problem that since it's free - it's not compatible with all the modems / cards available on the market. If it comes to the Dell products, I found out a page there in it is said that as of now only  the 5550 and 5560 are compatible with the SIM card, and for sure 5505 & 5510 & 5520 & 5530 won't work.

This is the reason why I was asking for those two models only :-). However while replying to this i was searching for some piece of information on 5540 compatibility with the SIM card - and to my surprise i already found out that some people already tried it with that model so still there is a chance.

Anyway. Thank you very much for comprehensive answer

Kind Regards

Bartek

249 Posts

July 17th, 2013 09:00

Hi Bartek,

You are very much welcome! Good to know that you have done a great research regading the compatibility issue. And you are correct, it won't work if not recommended. However, as you have mentioned that 5540 might work. You still have a good chance of using the internet service. For anything else, feel free to reach out to me us anytime.

Thanks and Regards,

No Events found!