Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 1st, 2009 11:00

Dell XPS M1710, Intel ProWireless 3945ABG Network Connection, Vista Home

Hello and thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on what might be causing my wirelss connection issues (see below).

I am experiencing intermittent drops from wireless. When it occurs, I lose my connection and opening the "Connect to a network" window shows no available networks. Refreshing the list does nothing either. I live in an apartment building and there should be at least four or five networks there. Neither my own network nor any others are displayed. I can go into the Device Manager and disable and renable the ProWireless network adapter and it will then find the networks again or I can reboot the computer to fix the issue temporarily.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 1st, 2009 13:00

wamishami,

I had an issue a while back. I found the installing Version 10.5.1.0 of Intel ProSet Wireless<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>fixed this issue. I had to un-install Intel ProSet wireless in the control panel, add/remove programs and restart ,my computer. I then installed Version 10.5.1.0 and my connection kept being steady, again.

Rick

2 Posts

May 11th, 2009 14:00

The link provided appears to be for XP only. I checked the latest available updates from Dell for proset and my service tag and I am on a later version even that the one listed and the problem is still occurring.

No Events found!