Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 25th, 2017 17:00

Dell XPS13 9343 wifi problems

Hi there

I am having wifi problems on XPS13 9393. Wifi was working fine and then suddenly dropped out whilst i was using. Networks can be detected but cannot connect. Probably not a network issue because I have tried restarting network, using other networks, plus other devices I have are connecting to the network is fine.

Have also checked drivers and it says the driver I have is the most up to date - "Dell Wireless 1560 802.11ac". I have also disabled the minimum power consumption on the wifi hardware. When in starting in Safe Mode with Network Access, I also cannot connect to any networks.

This laptop has had a history of issues when it was under warranty, including replacing the monitor and sound driver.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 27th, 2017 09:00

What operating system? How long had you had the system prior to the networking issue? Did the issue show up after running Windows updates?

4 Posts

March 28th, 2017 16:00

I've had the laptop for almost 2 years. I used to have some other glitchy problems related to audio and screen flickering running on Windows 7 but updated to Windows 10 about a year ago. I haven't had any issues with the laptop until now. Not sure if there was any Windows update prior to the problem. If the WIndows update was the problem, how do I undo the update?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 29th, 2017 06:00

The easiest way is to run the Windows 10 system restore to a day before the updates ran.

4 Posts

April 8th, 2017 19:00

Thanks for the tips Chris but I have tried restoring the system and it doesn't work, even in safe mode. The error message is:

"System Restore failed.

Source: AppxStaging

Destination: %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps

An unspecified error occurred during System Restore (0x80070091)"

Same message comes up in both normal and safe mode restore.

Any thoughts on whether this is a hardware or software issue?

Only other thing I can think of now is to do a factory restore but that will wipe everything I have on the laptop.

4 Posts

August 6th, 2017 06:00

So I figured this out about a couple of months ago. Turns out it wasn't a hardware problem but software. I could not restore the factory settings using Dell's system programs so had to go full reset using Window. Once that was done, whatever the problem was it was eliminated and I wifi was working again.

No Events found!