Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

September 4th, 2009 11:00

Dell driver update for Dell TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Mini-PCI Card

I have a Latitude D600 with TrueMobile 1300 WLAN card.

I recently rebuilt this machine with a fresh copy of XP SP3 and downloaded the various drivers from Dell including the TrueMobile 1300 driver (R65194). Microsoft Windows Update then offered me:

Dell driver update for Dell TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Mini-PCI Card
Date last published: 2/20/2007
Download size: 46.7 MB
This driver was provided by Dell for support of Dell TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Mini-PCI Card

I installed this and immediately encountered problems with the TrueMobile card with the following being reported over and over by pop-up dialogues that would constantly interupt as you used the machine;

• Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller encountered a problem and needed to close.

and

• Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I reported this in http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19290058/19537205.aspx#19537205 but received precisely no feedback.

The fresh previously unused HDD in my D600 then went bad in a big way and so I have rebuilt again. I am again being offered the TrueMobile 1300 update but (not too surprisingly) not opted to install it.

Is there anyone from Dell that can comment on what this update is, why it's being offered, what issues it is supposed to address and why it so seriously messed up my machine before? Should I ignore it and banish it never to be mentioned by Windowsupdate again? Are Dell aware of this update and it messing machines? Is there an update to R65194 on the Dell site that I should use or will this be the same as this apparently 'bad' update being offered via WindowsUpdate?

Thx.../Iain

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 4th, 2009 14:00

lain_h,

The Desktop/Notebook Utility needs to be installed first(if applicable), then the chipset drivers. If they are NOT installed first, then the rest of the drivers will fail to install.

Since the operating system was re-installed did you remember to go to drivers and downloads, enter your service tag(DO NOT POST SERVICE TAG here or your post will get deleted, since it contains your personal information), and install these drivers in this order.

:emotion-55: Hint :emotion-55: When downloading the drivers, make a folder for each drivers and name it with the device it belongs with to make it easier to install them in the proper order.

Desktop System Software or Notebook System Software(if applicable)
Chipset or SMBus driver
Processor Driver (if applicable)
Video
Audio (sound)
Input Drivers (keyboard/mouse)
Modem
Network Card

QuickSet(Laptop only)

Rick

No Events found!