Highlighted
NightFirer90
1 Copper

Dell studio 540 won't connect to dell 968w AIO am confused???

Okay recently bought a new mini studio tower from here thinking it would go great with the 968w AIO printer. Right? boy I am wrong there.  here is what the studio is running right now. Vista home Premium, Intel Core Duo Quad, 6 gigs of ram, plenty of HD space.

okay befor I get to the problem. I've done all my updates for Vista,  I've downloaded the new install program for the dell 968w printer, new firmware updates..

Okay now the problem I run the install program for the 968w AIO printer, everything goes fine till I hit the specs page for the program. According to the specs ( forgive I didn't write the whole number out ) but my processor speed isn't high enough to pass.  specs page says Processor speed is 49525 and so on... Program says I need and 800 mghz processor to continue?  Hmmm thought core duo Quad were higher then a single processor speed am I wrong on thought?

Well anyways I can't install the printer program till I get a solution for it... SO any help would much appreciated...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PudgyOne
6 Indium

Re: Dell studio 540 won't connect to dell 968w AIO am confused???

NightFirer90,

Read THIS THREAD by zippy99 and correct your incorrect processor speed and then if you need help installing the printer, please post back.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos