Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 7th, 2014 00:00

Dell wifi not working

I have a dell inspiron 15r 5521. I am facing issues with the network driver. Currently my wifi is working properly, but after few hours it stops working. A small yellow sign comes on the wifi icon. When i dicsonnect the wifi and try to reconnect, I cannot find any wifi networks to connect with. I have to restart my laptop every time this happens. During the restart it shows a blue screen stating power_state_driver_failure. I have tried to uninstall the network driver and re install it. In the network panel my ethernet port shows disconnected. I have been facing this issue for last 1 month. Kindly help.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 8th, 2014 03:00

shubham sanghal,

For the BSOD, download and install Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed then click on analyze. Post back the information.

For wireless,

Try these tweaks....

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your network adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Go to the power options, and changed the Wireless Adapter Setting, from Maximum Power Setting to Maximum Performance.

Rick

September 10th, 2014 22:00

Thank your for the suggestion. 

I tried to make the changes as suggested by you. But still there is no change. The wifi stops working and have to restart the laptop inorder to fix the problem. 

I could not download the whOcrashed software. Can you suggest me some other link or some other software. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 11th, 2014 17:00

shubham sanghal,

Go to Dell PC Diagnostics click on advanced, then click on symptoms. Click on the Blue Screen analyzer.

Rick

September 14th, 2014 03:00

Here are the screen shots.

This is what happens.

When I disconnect the wifi then this sign comes and no network is available. I have to run troubleshoot. 

When I run trouble shoot this is what I get.

These are the results of the troubleshoot then i have to restart my laptop and again run troubleshoot and my wifi starts working. 

September 14th, 2014 07:00

Here is the bluescreen error report!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 15th, 2014 16:00

shubham sanghal,

First try...

Places to look to see if your Connection is enabled

Also try How to repair a connection

See if this helps...

Start, all programs, accessories, right click on command prompt, left click run as administrator. Type

netsh winsock reset catalog

This will reset the winsock catalog

Rick

September 19th, 2014 02:00

When I try to repair the connection this is what I get. 

Is this an hardware issue ?

1 Message

January 14th, 2016 06:00

Hey shubham did you get your problem solved ?

If yes then please tell me how because I am facing the same issue

No Events found!