stringman57
1 Nickel

Disable 1300

Can I disable my internal 1300 card and try a card in the slot? How? In the BIOS or fnf2?

Stringman57
64MB Nvidia GeForce 4200 Go
512MB RAM
30GB HD
DVD/CD-RW
BIOS A03
Truemobile 1300 wireless card
Win XP Pro
Linksys BEFW11S4 Router
Linksys Wireless Signal Booster

0 Kudos
4 Replies
flamom
1 Nickel

Re: Disable 1300

Hi Stringman

I have a new 5150 and I was going to try the same thing.  I have the same router and tried to flash it to a later firmware to help and it didn't work -it's now being RMA'd.

Anyway, to your question, I was going to do it in the device manager by disabling the Dell card and use the Linksys card.  I had used this router and wireless card in my Inspiron 5000 without a problem.

Let us know what you decide to do, and how it turns out.

I'll have to wait for my replacement router to come.

Barb

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DocDEH
1 Nickel

I have an Inspiron 600m, and my 1300 is not working at all. I turned off the radio using Fn=F2 and just inserted a D-Link PCCard wireless access device. The computer recognized it, went to the Web to download the driver (I was connected via Ethernet cable at the time) and installed the hardware. Now I am using that D-Link card to connect to my network and the Internet.

Dave

0 Kudos
bschmidt25
1 Copper

As far as I know, there's no way to disable the card in the BIOS.  I'd just pull the card if I were you.  I think the 8500s have 2 covers on the bottom.  One is for memory, the other one should have the Mini-PCI slot.  It will probably have 2 wires (for the antennas) attached to it.

0 Kudos
almer
2 Iron

All you need to do is disable TM1300 in your network connection properties (right click, disable..).

Then you can install PCMCIA card of your choice and use it. No problems whatsoever.

0 Kudos