Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 20th, 2021 12:00

Disappearing wireless card and networks … again … 2021 edition … faulty, incompatible driver

Hello the latest wireless network adapter driver pushed to you by DELL/Alienware Updates, for Alienware R13 computers (built 2017) will make your wireless card and available networks “disappear”. This is as of August 20, 2021.  

Four hours of troubleshooting included going to device manager, uninstalling and reinstalling the new DELL driver over and over, with no progress.  Then repairing Windows 10 ,  64 bit operation system (2 hours).   No progress.   Uninstalling all bluetooth drivers. No progress.  Static release (hold down on off button 10 seconds).  No progress. 

SOLUTION?  We installed an older version of the wireless network card adapter driver, and immediately solved the problem.

Thanks to Mingma at DELL software support who fixed the issue!

chris

2 Posts

August 24th, 2021 21:00

SOLUTION?  We installed an older version of the wireless network card adapter driver, and immediately solved the problem.

• 

25K Posts

August 21st, 2021 06:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

1 Message

September 9th, 2021 09:00

I've spent 2 days trying to fix this and a week of dealing with constantly dropping WIFI (like 3 times in 30 minutes) before the wireless adapter disappeared completely. $950 CDN for a brand new Dell laptop that worked for approximately a week. Now I have to call and time on the phone with someone - and I'm not sure how they will fix it since a) the wireless adapter will not display and B) I have no network connection at all anymore. I will never, every buy a Dell product again.

1 Message

June 17th, 2022 08:00

I had the same exact issue and this resolved it: https://www.dell.com/community/Networking-Internet-Bluetooth/Disappearing-Wireless-adapter/m-p/7268260/highlight/true#M195205

It appears that the Bluetooth function of the card is overriding the WiFi function.  I had to take several steps to get my wireless card back.

1. In Device Manager under Bluetooth remove the Bluetooth adapter then reboot the PC. Did this twice.
  2. In Device Manager under Network remove all Bluetooth adapters and reboot the PC.
  3. Go into the BIOS and disable the Bluetooth function of the network card.
No Events found!