Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 2nd, 2013 12:00

Disconnecting from wi-fi very often - Inspiron 15R 5520

Hello,

I am using win8..(updated to 8.1 today)  i am always disconnecting from wi-fi....it was happening at windows 8, and it is still happening...5-6 times in a day..and at the same time, my other laptops and mobile phones are not having any problem..so the problem is about my laptop..modem is ok..what can i do? i have read to change the modem settings 20mhz or 40mhz and try. but it didn't work for me. i am having this problem for 8-9 months...and really started to annoy me..Looking forward for your help..thanks in advance..

Regards,

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 3rd, 2013 04:00

toxteth,

Go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag number, then select your operating system. Under Network, download and install the latest drivers.

Try these tweaks....

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your network adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Go to the power options, and changed the Wireless Adapter Setting, from Maximum Power Setting to Maximum Performance.

Rick

2 Posts

November 6th, 2013 09:00

i guess it is fixed after the 8.1 update. because it never happened again after the update. thats why i didn't do your suggestions yet, i am observing. 

Thanks for your help..If the same problem start, i will try those..

Regards,

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 6th, 2013 19:00

toxteth,

Depends on which wireless adapter you have installed. If you need further assistance, will need the following information...

Can you run Finding System Information REMOVE YOUR PRODUCT ID and REGISTERED OWNER and post the information back here.

What virus program and firewall you're using.

Rick

No Events found!