Highlighted
bioya1
Silver

Driver for Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card

Jump to solution

Have a Studio desktop 540 that came with Windows VISTA. I later updated it to Windows 7 64-bit. The 5G band was working until my old router died.

I bought a new Western Digital N600 dual band router. The problem I have is that my PC doesn't register the 5G band, only the 2.4G. The NIC card driver dates back to 2008 (from Dell) and the manufacturer (Broadcom) passes the responsibility to Dell. Won't even talk about it.

My iPAD recognizes 5G so I know the router is OK.

Does anyone know how to get the latest W7 driver for this card? I can't see how to get it from Dell.

Is it a better alternative to just go and buy a new NIC card?

Thanks, Bob 

0 Kudos
4 Replies

RE: Driver for Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card

Jump to solution

Hi Bob,

Windows 7 drivers for Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini: http://dell.to/17ZAD3Q

Click the link, select Download file and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

Check if that helps and reply.

Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil D
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell Support videos click Here

0 Kudos
bioya1
Silver

Jump to solution

Nikhil - Thank you for the information. I installed the driver and PRESTO! it now sees 5G.

The community support from Dell is the best reason to buy a Dell.

Regards, Bob

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Bob,

Glad that the issue is resolved. I appreciate all your efforts in fixing the problem. Please write back to the forum if you need any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil D
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell Support videos click Here

0 Kudos
Limbskt
Copper

Jump to solution

Hi,

So Dell community is my last hope..... Trying to find the driver for Dell wireless e-pci card DW1502 (056CGK WPET-123GN-A-V02 19K-A08-2101R Rohs) to use it with my OptiPlex 755 under Windows 7 (32bit). Downloaded and tried around 2 tens of them from Dell site with the final note "...cannot be installed on this system". Seems that the driver for combination of Win 7 and Optiplex 755 does not exist, weird. Thanks ahead for any advice!

0 Kudos