Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 31st, 2013 13:00

Driver for Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN for Linux

Hi Friends,

I have little problem.I have last version of Linux installed.Then I realized that I have no INTERNET connection.looking for a long time I found out the Linux does not recognize the wireless.they can help me with it to find the driver?or is that not possible because this does not give for Linux!

cases in all I want to say thank you anyway!

p.s I apologize for my English!

Serge.D 

1.5K Posts

Hi Serge.D,

Welcome to the community.

Please let us know the model number for the system your are using so that we can check the same and advise you further.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

Just like theres not one kind of windows theres not one kind of linux. Easiest thing to do is use Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. Then buy a $20 nano usb wireless device using Ralink or Realtek chipset. Sometimes after using the USB device the internal card is also "discovered"

5 Posts

February 1st, 2013 13:00

Hi, thanks for responding! =))

response to a request, DELL-Sandeep P

Dell Wireless  WLAN Version A00

Software Version:5.30.21.0

Treiber version:5.30.21.0

this is all the information I could find.

SpeedStep:I understand that there are many likely to buy to find, but I really like Dell,I am quite pleased with products from Dell,and I hope that the guys can help me find a solution, because I want to stay with Dell,I do not want anything more to buy.;)))

1.5K Posts

February 4th, 2013 03:00

Hi Serge.D,

Thanks for providing us this information.However, we would require the model number for the system you are using.

Once we have the model number we can check if we have the suitable driver available in linux as well then we would be glad to provide you the same.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

5 Posts

February 5th, 2013 11:00

can you write me where I can find the model number? I do not find .that's the number on the device or is it to be found in the system?

1.5K Posts

February 6th, 2013 03:00

Hi Serge.D,

Please contact me through a private message by clicking on my name highlighted in blue. On the next page, click the envelope icon and provide your service tag and contact information so I may access your system records.

You can locate the service tag for the system using the link below:

http://dell.to/T0Fvfc

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

5 Posts

February 7th, 2013 06:00

ok,thanks

1.5K Posts

February 12th, 2013 02:00

Hi Serge.D,

We have replied to you on a private message. Kindly let us know the information on the private message so we can advise you further.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

1 Message

October 14th, 2014 05:00

Hello Sandeep P

I've got the same trouble!

I'm running ubuntu 14.04.1-desktop-i386 in a Dell Precision T3400.

There is any driver I can use for the Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card?

Thanks

Ferran_V

5 Posts

October 16th, 2014 06:00

Hey, you do not need a new Wlan card!

Connect your computer to Lan and he finds the right Wlan card !!!

You need to go to the update, and it will be reflected there, click on installs.

So I decided my problem.

Sorry for my english.

good luck =)

No Events found!