Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 2nd, 2012 14:00

Drivers for a Wireless 5300 PCI Express Internal Half-Height Mini-Card

I have the Wireless 5300 PCI Express Internal Half-Height Mini-Card ordered and now need to find the drivers.  My system is a 1735 Studio laptop running 64bit Windows 7.  The Dell sales rep said the card came only with the card and a flat head screw.(no instructions, figures)

Thanks in advance

Bill

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 2nd, 2012 16:00

Bill,

Try the drivers from this thread...

Installing My Wi-Fi Technology

They'll be from Intel's website and it will install Intel® My WiFi Technology because you'll have the adapter.

Rick

55 Posts

March 8th, 2012 17:00

Time to put this one to bed.  First’ I realize now how little I knew about upgrading my wireless card in the Studio 1735 to take advantage of the new Linksys E4200 router.  I was confident I could change the card if I could determine what would be the best replacement.  I received good advice from Dell Support Chat team once I knew what to ask.  The forum on this site helped very much to fill in the lack of knowledge thanks to PugyOne.  After opening up the computer and asking many questions I determined the card that needed replacing was the WLAN half card, I had three antenna leads (only two used with the existing card) so the 5300 PCI Express Internal Half-Height Mini-Card would be my best choice.  I received the new card today, unfortunately I had just returned from having my eyes dilated.  As I got back about 75% vision I went to work.  Replacing the card was a simple chore, and then I booted the computer up first using the FN and F2 keys to make sure everything was turned on.  As the computer came to life it recognized it had new hardware but no drivers.  When it finished booting up I saw the network router and after entering the password I was connected, also I checked the device manager and the new card was there.  At that time I am not sure if all was as it should be and I remembered PugyOne had suggested upgrading the drivers from Intel.  I did that as well and I installed Intel® My WiFi Technology.  Everything is up and running and the speed and signal strength is amazing.  PugyOne the card did come with instructions and a cd with drivers, however, the drivers are for a 32 bit system only.  I have Windows 7 64 bit.  

Thanks

Bill                

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 8th, 2012 17:00

Bill,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!