Highlighted
js25
1 Copper

E1505 WIFI trouble - shows enabled- but light off

• I have an inspiron E1505 w/ intel wireless pro adapter.
  • A few weeks ago I started having trouble. One minute I would be connected to a wireless network, the next my wifi adapter turned itself off eventhough it showed it was still enabled.
  • The wifi light was off, the icon at the bottom that looks like a signal broadcasting had an x on it, but when I click on that icon it shows the adapter is enabled.
  • I have to restart the computer to get it to work again.
  • This happens several times a day or not at all for a few days

Thank you for any suggestions.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
maruiha
1 Copper

Re: E1505 WIFI trouble - shows enabled- but light off

I have the EXACT same problem and need to restart the computer when it happens.  My model is the Inspiron 640m, purchase in July 2006.

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
6 Indium

maruiha,

Try this little tweak and see what happens.

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager). Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
schlieveca04
1 Copper

I have the same problem and can verify that this doesn't always work.  I don't know what it is but i think it might be a motherboard problem because I have replaced the wireless card in an attempt to fix this along with a reformat and installed all the drivers.

0 Kudos