Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 10th, 2011 10:00

ERROR:105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): Unable to resolve the server's DNS address

Hi, I've been using my Dell Vostro 1500 (Vista Business) wireless for quite some time when all of a sudden I received the following message, Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): Unable to resolve the server's DNS address.

I am connected to my wireless network, and can see other networks as well.  No browser on my laptop will work.

I have run all the possible, but to no avail

I have a broadcom 440x 10/100 integrated controller and Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945 ABG Network Connection. Please help!

904 Posts

December 11th, 2011 06:00

I would not be surprised it worked wired, do you have a Dynamic IP set or is it static ? for your system i mean.

If the IP is set Static on your system you may want to check the DNS address entered, change it to dynamic and then try.

If this is a continuous occurance you may want to Reset/Upgrade the firmware of your Broadband Router, again if its DSL then please save the settings before doing so, else you may be cut off Internet completely.

904 Posts

December 11th, 2011 04:00

Hi,

Could please elaborate as to what you have tried ?

Have you restarted your Router / Modem ?

3 Posts

December 11th, 2011 05:00

Hi Telson,

Yes, I have done everything but no luck.

Then I have tried to repair the network connection by the wizard and again nothing. After that I have just plugged the yellow ethernet cable from the broadband router into my laptop and miraculously the problem had been solved in a few seconds.

Thank you for your letter anyway.

Nino

3 Posts

December 11th, 2011 11:00

Hi,

I have just plugged the yellow cable in, followed the instructions on screen, unplugged the cable and now my wireless is working perfectly. Sorted.

1 Message

October 13th, 2012 13:00

Hi I am having this issue since the time I bought this laptop, i tried all different things the problem seems to be occurring intermittently and it's really frustrating when I am in need to access the web I will not be able to do so, 

Below is the error I get.

Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): Unable to resolve the server's DNS address.

Can you please help me resolve this issue.

4 Posts

February 18th, 2020 10:00

Most easy and working fix is to change dns to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

change-to-google-dns-example

https://geeksadvice.com/fix-err-name-not-resolved-error/

No Events found!