Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 17th, 2017 16:00

Enabling Bluetooth - Inspiron 1764 Win7 Home Premium

Hi All,

This is my first post in this forum. 

In the wake of the WannaCry virus exploit discovered this week, I'm working down my list of computing devices updating and patching operating systems in hopes of staving off a disaster on the older systems. In doing that, I come to one of my recent Win7 machines (Inspiron 1764, Home Premium) to discover that it does not appear to have Bluetooth enabled. This model came with a Dell Wireless 1520 Wireless-N WLAN Mini-Card. I've scoured the net, found the specs for this model and still do not have a definitive answer to whether it has Bluetooth capability.  I've tried downloading several driver packages and/or the Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Module Application, and running various diagnostics in an attempt to enable Bluetooth. So far nothing has worked.

Here's a link to the PDF of the specs for this model. downloads.dell.com/.../inspiron-1764_user's guide_en-us.pdf

Can someone please tell me if this model is capable of BT or do I need to buy a BT adapater? Oh and if yes, how does one do that?

Thanks for you sage advice!  :emotion-5:

9.4K Posts

May 18th, 2017 08:00

Hi DellUser1764,

Thanks for posting.

First, could you please adjust your name, as the Dell Username indicates a Dell Employee.  Thanks.  Second, the 1520 Wireless-N Network card does not have bluetooth capability.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!