rostocop
1 Copper

Encrypted wireless communication with printer

Hey !
I've got a DELL Wireless 2350 Broadband Router and it's working just fine.

Recently I purchased a wireless printer (Samsung ML-1856W). I get the printer to work via the network if I remove the encryption on the router, but as soon as I turn the encryption back on - the printer fails.
The printer supports encrypted wireless communication and during the installation of the printer I give the WEP-key.

...but the printer fails to connect to the network. It finds my network, but cannot access it due to 'saftey-problems' it states - what's wrong ?

Is there something I need to change on the router ?

// Fredrik

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Encrypted wireless communication with printer

Fredrik,

Try using these Recommended Wireless Router Settings, I use channel 11. I would make a new SSID to make connecting easier.

The printer will need setup like you did when it was new. 

Virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
Mary G
6 Indium

Re: Encrypted wireless communication with printer

If you can position the printer near the router, you can connect to the router via an Ethernet cable instead of using the wireless. That works without any problems. When connecting a wireless printer, you must first connect with a ethernet cable until you set it up to work with the router.  Then you remove the cable if have to relocate the printer and use the wireless. Check the Samsung printer's installation instructions.

0 Kudos