Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

June 1st, 2004 01:00

Error 692 There was a hardware failure in the modem [or other connecting device].

I am using a Dimension 4600 ,  i have reintalled Windows XP due to a virus. I have been using highspeed internet ever since i have had the computer . When i try to connect through dial up [EarthLink] i get this error message Error 692 There was a hardware failure in the modem [or other connecting device]. ......... i made sure all the dialing information was the same as the dialing information on this computer , i made sure the cord was plugged into the phone cord slot and i tryed the other phone cord slot just to see if it would work i still get the same results

Can someone please help me out it would be ? .:furpitas:.

1.3K Posts

June 1st, 2004 12:00

furpitas,

Thanks for using the Dell Community Forum.

Are you using Windows to connect to EarthLink or did EarthLink have you install special software.  Also, did you get the correct drivers installed for the modem.

68 Posts

June 3rd, 2004 08:00

like what michaelC said, have you checked for the correct drivers if they are installed? you used highspeed internet and now you are using the dial up conenction? am i reading it right? like broadband connection before? if thats the case have you set the exact configuration for the modem that you have used. i encountered that problem before, sam error, i just re-istalled the modem, checked the configurations and i was connected in a snap. try reinstalling and reconfiguring those stuff, might help. gooDLucK! ciaO!
No Events found!