Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 17th, 2006 18:00

Error Message when trying to connect to internet (pic).. Help!!!!

Hi guys, any type of help would be greatly appreciated because I don't know what to do next.

I'm typing this from my roomates computer because mine will not connect. We have Cable internet and when I click Internet Explorer it gives me an error message that wants me to send an error report to microsoft.  I have taken a screen shot of the message and saved it as a .JPG..
Hopefully you can read it?

Thanks in advance guys.. this means a lot to me ;)

Message Edited by Indetrucks on 11-17-200612:39 PM

8 Posts

hmmm, good question...
But how do I download it if I can't get on the net? 
Can you tell that I have an older version?

Oh and on another note.. It downloads and installs all Microsoft updates Automaticaly just fine.  I just can't visit any web pages

Message Edited by Indetrucks on 11-17-200601:03 PM

2.4K Posts

hi

have you try download IE7

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/default.mspx

2.4K Posts

November 17th, 2006 19:00

hi

get one of your friend to download it

8 Posts

Well I downloaded it from my roomates PC and threw it on a Flash Drive.
Tried to install it but that exact same error came up during installation..  :(

Any other ideas?  Or should I do a system restore to a previous time when the system was running fine?

Message Edited by Indetrucks on 11-17-200601:50 PM

2.4K Posts

hi

What did the error say in during installation???

yes should do a system restore.

From Chris

28K Posts

November 17th, 2006 21:00

Indetrucks,

xarcd5.dll is a component of known malware.  Download, install, update, and run the free versions of Ad-Aware and Spybot and let these programs remove all of the garbage that they find.

If these programs don't solve the problem, go Here and follow the directions to download and run the analysis tool called HijackThis. Generate a log file, then open it and copy and paste the text of the log file in a message in the HijackThis forum where a HijackThis expert can offer advice on how to fix the problem.

Steve

8 Posts

November 17th, 2006 21:00

Thanks for the help guys...
I downloaded HaxFix and it deleted a few items and Whala!! I am emailing you this from the (said infected PC)

I also used NoAdware and cleaned out some registry issues it detected, and also CCleaner for other misc junk that had been building up.

Again!!!
Thanks!!

Message Edited by Indetrucks on 11-17-200603:20 PM

No Events found!