Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 16th, 2010 12:00

Fax via Dell WWAN 5530 Mobile broadband

I have a Dell latitude E6400 64 bit windows 7 Ultimate, and Dell WWAN 5530 mobile broadband card. I did not install Dell control point after a fresh clean installation. I use Dell Mobile Broadband manager and it works perfect with Canada's Rogers, GPS works great as well. I also have a SIM card that I use for my PDA, and I simply use it behind the battery once I need to get mobile broadband internet. Works great.

I am trying to use Windows Fax and Scanner (a icon/program in the devices and printers) to send and receive faxes. The WWAN 5530 is selected as the default fax modem. Unfortunately once a fax comes in, I hear rings, but the fax does not go to the receive mode. It starts to give errors saying that you cannot receive a fax while a fax is being sent out. I tried to set the program to receive fax manually or automatically, unfortunately same problem.

I feel it is just a matter of setting and configuring the modem to receive/send faxes. So I went to the control panel and clicked on Phones and Modem, under the modem tab, I clicked on Query Modem. Some things appeared to be passed and others did not. Things related to command and response.

I am stuck at this stage, I don't think anyone has attempted to make this work before, I googled it, but no luck. I feel it is just a matter of strings and commands (which I don't understand)

Your help and feedback is required.

No Responses!
No Events found!